The first quest you ever did?

majikmonkee

I still remember the very first quest I picked up in Oblivion - it was "Unfriendly Competition", and the very first time I completed it, I was very methodical about the sneaking and following parts, and felt like I'd accomplished something huge. The rewards for the quest aren't that great, and it's ridiculously easy now that I know Oblivion inside and out, but it has nostalgic value for me, so I always do it anyway.

Anyone else remember their first quest? Any other quests people do just for nostalgic purposes despite crappy rewards? :thumbsup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was the Anvil Recommendation for the Mage's Guild. I was a self-made battle mage class. When I found out it was a quest to stop a murderer, I was pleasantly surprised. Nice change of pace from the first Mage's Guild quests of Morrowind. I was ready for a big fight, with the murderer being labeled as a rogue mage and all. I was pretty disappointed when I dropped her in a couple of hits. Still nice nostalgic memories, though.

The first quest I ever did was A Brotherhood Betrayed about a so called vampire in Bruma. When i heard that Oblivion has vampire i was so stunned. The reward was little trinket but I was so proud of myself when I finished the quest.

I haven't done it in ages,but it's a pleasant memory.

Well the first one I can remember doing is the one with the fisherman that gives you the Jewel of the Rumare. Wasn't a bad way to start out either. I can happily say I've never drowned in Oblivion, lol. It's nostalgic though. Even though it eats up time, I still listen to all of the dialogue.

Well the first one I can remember doing is the one with the fisherman that gives you the Jewel of the Rumare. Wasn't a bad way to start out either. I can happily say I've never drowned in Oblivion, lol. It's nostalgic though. Even though it eats up time, I still listen to all of the dialogue.

I just about remember that quest.. only did it once. :biggrin:

Chorrol Recommendation quest, I always play a magic-oriented character when I first start playing an rpg and Chorrol was the first place I visited because the main quest took me there (though I got distracted and didn't do it).That quest wasn't exactly a good first impression, you didn't really get to face a lot of enemies during that quest compared to some of the other Mages Guild Recommendation quests.

lol i saw that someones first quest was delivering the amulet.. i didn't do that until i was running the DB lol. First quest for me was actually killing for the dark brotherhood..soon as i left the city i went visit the armor shops and book stores.. i don't remember which one i killed..but as soon as i did the message that someone had watched me do it popped up and i panicked..ironically the psychic patrol guards of the empire who know when you kill people even if they're patrolling across the town..popped up and tried to arrest me..tried to..anyways yes.. my first quest was killing that poor sap at ill omen. Edited by Uncle Roe