Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Attention guys, I may have found some new info!

Lurking animesuki I've found the following information.

According to the poster, the source is the French Official Playstation Magazine. The poster allso mentioned that the information was extracted directly from the Besthesda forums. Here are the main pointers:

- Some, apparently unique, enchanted weapons will have "concealed" effects. You won't know what those are until you try the weapon.

- The Spell Shield effect returns. (If this indeed means that we can block magic then they made my day. I was just requesting a mod for Oblivion that allowed that!)

- Several new spell effects, including "Ice Trap" (only triggered when an enemy walks over it), "Circle of Protection" (push the enemies in your vicinity away), "Fury" (make enemies fight each other), and so on.

- The game apparently looks amazing in motion, with great environment effects such as the wind making the water swirl and making waves.

- The game apparently includes 'meteorogical effects': clouds gathering around mountaintops, etcetera.

- One of the cities in Skyrim will apparently be heavily inspired by the Dunmer (Dark Elves)

- They're trying to go back to the "eccentricity" of Vvardenfell. Every Nord faction will have their own customs, colors, and so on.

- The economy of the game is better developed than in Oblivion. If you destroy a city's means of income (for instance, their crops) they'll need to buy crops from another nearby city, and prices in the city will go up. (This seems to solve part of the uncertainty about cities having "different economic systems".)

- Archers can 'hold their breath' while aiming. This consumes stamina, but gives the archer a better chance of hitting the enemy.

The game is getting better and better. I'm excited!

Tiny Lampe.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thing that i don't like about Skyrim is the way that you need to "equip" magick in one of your hand.

Rendering you unable to use magick wiel dualwielding or while using a twohander weapon...

The all" you need free hands to use magick" in fantasy stuffs always make my teeth grind...,i like to play a char who use dark/destructive magick while using a twohander sword!!!

So if i have to swith each time between the two...,that would be a nuissance,that was the only good thing about magick in Oblivion...

Well luckily there would be rapidly a mod that fix that...

Seriously...a free hand...magick come from your beeing,not from only your hand...

I hope Shouts don't require to have a free hand or something...

A thing that i don't like about Skyrim is the way that you need to "equip" magick in one of your hand.

Rendering you unable to use magick wiel dualwielding or while using a twohander weapon...

The all" you need free hands to use magick" in fantasy stuffs always make my teeth grind...,i like to play a char who use dark/destructive magick while using a twohander sword!!!

So if i have to swith each time between the two...,that would be a nuissance,that was the only good thing about magick in Oblivion...

Seriously...a free hand...magick come from your beeing,not from only your hand...

I think that due to the fact your PC is literally manifesting gathered magic into one or both hands, shaping it to do different things in the process, you should need a free hand. That's why armor impacts your magic proficiency, it disrupts your mojo.

Judging from the official trailer, I guess all Shouts need is but a free mouth. :tongue:

I think they can in fact make non-hand-acquired magic system available, designing it to be a bit harder than the normal hand-using ones to master. Give this type of mental magic a certain chance to fail or hurt the character himself since it could be harder to focus in battles with just thoughts than with the help of gestures.

Judging from the official trailer, I guess all Shouts need is but a free mouth. :tongue:

I think they can in fact make non-hand-acquired magic system available, designing it to be a bit harder than the normal hand-using ones to master. Give this type of mental magic a certain chance to fail or hurt the character himself since it could be harder to focus in battles with just thoughts than with the help of gestures.

"Dragon Shouts are assigned to the R3-button on the PS3 gamepad." This is the quote from the Official French Playstation Magazine, So the Dragon Shouts are button related not hand related. Also the reason why you can't block without a shield (Or two handed weapon) is because if you hold down the button you attack with you do a power attack. Same with the shield which is called the shield bash. The only way for them to put it in console wise was an alternative shield button like A button plus RT but that would be weird instead of having a single button, But the sprint action is also button related, and I heard you can switch from walking, running, jogging then the Sprint. So there will be a total of four this time. But this is what I read online and some of what I heard from Bethsoft Employee's on Sites.

good videos u posted =) you should email him the link to this thread and give him all the up to date information we have on Skyrim. I think he forgot a few things like wood chopping, mining, cooking, farming etc. He didn't even elaborate enough on how well the NPC's faces look in Skyrim compared to Oblivion

good videos u posted =) you should email him the link to this thread and give him all the up to date information we have on Skyrim. I think he forgot a few things like wood chopping, mining, cooking, farming etc. He didn't even elaborate enough on how well the NPC's faces look in Skyrim compared to Oblivion

If you're talking about the videos I posted, then you can PM him yourself. Just fallow the links of the videos on youtube, than go to his profile. I expect to see a lot more videos regarding Skyrim from him. What I like about him is the fact that he says exactly what he thinks.

If you're not talking about those videos, than simply ignore this post. :)

Well I'm hopping for maybe a Perk that lets you use magick with a two handed weapon

EDIT: OHOH 100 posts!

Edited by Th0raxeIV