Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've been wondering...

How are those beautiful mountains implemented? No way they're just a heightmap.

Magic. Todd is magic. :psyduck:

In the demos and gameplay footage, Todd keeps saying they've redone the LOD so that they just "render the whole world." I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but might that have something to do with said mountains?

For the bulk of them why not? I saw a lot of hand placed rocks and crap when I was off road, but the best part of the map I would think is a height map and just hand sculpted and detailed from there.

type something like geocontrol 2 into google images and see what height map creators can do.

So we have info on some perks for all kinds of magic, 2-hand weapons, bows...

Has no one found anything for dual-wielding of single handed weapons?

They can't have left that out can they?

How about:

The old Baldur's Gate style 5 ranks to get 100% damage out of each weapon.

A perk that makes you harder to hit since blocking sounds problematic. (the "magnetism" that makes you less likely to hit allies could do this, I smell a mod)

An attack that hits multiple enemies for lower damage.

Or plunge both blades into a single enemy for higher crit chance from each weapon.

I could do this all day but I think the point is made.

I'm worried they made dual weapons possible but made actually using them suck.

For the bulk of them why not? I saw a lot of hand placed rocks and crap when I was off road, but the best part of the map I would think is a height map and just hand sculpted and detailed from there.

type something like geocontrol 2 into google images and see what height map creators can do.

...Seriously? That makes Oblivion by comparison look quite embarrassing. Then again if I remember correctly Oblivion's height map was just generated by perlin noise with a small bit of hand editing afterward.

was like .. who the hell is george coe? .. he was on sln? hu? o_O .. *googles* .. oh .. from such works as ..

My heart leaped when I read that as 'George Carlin'. Then I remembered that he's been dead for a while now. Daaaaaw...