Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah, no open cities? That also means no levitation, jump -- and how are dragons supposed to interact with cities?

I'm wondering that myself

If you guys listened, he said that they wouldn't be like 'click on a door and it starts loading', I'm convinced they're going to do something differently.

Listened to it a couple time over. What he said -- in regard to releasing the game now as opposed to releasing the game for a new console -- was, "We wouldn't have to make as many choices between 'how many polygons or memory do we put in the environment versus the people.' So our bigger cities still have walls that load you, so that if we were on a next-gen system that might be something we wouldn't have to do -- memory wise you know? -- to section that off, and at the end of the day the experience is kind of the same. You would just be walking smoothly into that city as opposed as to clicking the door, waiting for the load, and waiting to go in."

So it's sounding like open cities are definitively out. Lucky us, there'll be mods that fix that :D