Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone send pete hines a tweet?

Heh, I checked for that already. All he says is that armor will have separate pieces, and that we'll just have to wait to find out more. Also, that he wouldn't discuss it on twitter.

That was a very good interview, and also a very good interviewer for the job! :D

Some interesting things about DLCs:

AusGamers: Now last question -- and this is kind of a weird convoluted one. So I know you can't talk about DLC but based on what's come before it's definitely going to happen.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas are really good examples of this: at the end of the game, if you'd finished it and you bought DLC... sorry, when you had finished the game before the DLC came out, you couldn't just go back and continue to explore. Are you guys going to lock the player out when they complete this game?

Todd: No. No, that was a mistake, yeah. We were really confident about that, then the game came out and we heard pretty loud and clear that was not what they wanted. So we're not gonna do that again. No, you'll definitely be able to.. when you finish the main quest you can just keep playing.

And you mentioned DLC. We would like to do DLC; we don't have any specific plans yet, but they've been really successful and we like making them. So right now I can say that we'd like to do less DLC but bigger ones -- you know, more substantial. The Fallout 3 pace that we did was very chaotic. We did a lot of them -- we had two overlapping groups -- and we don't know what we're going to make yet, but we'd like them to be closer to an expansion pack feel.

So, we're getting less, but bigger DLCs. :dance:

And one thing I love about Todd is, he admits mistakes they've done with their games! :)

-------

AusGamers: One last super-quick thing -- I mentioned this in Utah, but I’m just going to remind you. When you kill a person in their house, you should be able to...

Todd: Sleep in their bed, I remember you asking that. It’s on the list, I remember that. It’s not done yet, but it won’t be a DLC. We’re gonna do it.

Not a big thing, but something many people complained about in oblivion. ;)

Awesome interview I love that he asked some questions we haven't heard answers to yet. Unlike every other form of gaming media or press who throws some blonde bimbo on the screen to ask,"So I heard there were dragons and stuff". Also like that Todd is giving props to the modding community but the second he said,"We look at the most popular mods" I thought of the whole dev team browsing the Nexus and them are panning through dozens upon dozens of "adult themed" mods,"Guys, scrap the dragons we need to pour our resources into swimsuits and tentacles!". To each their own just a funny thought. Edited by NAPALM13092