Skyrim Information

Zaldir

You can't even really see the left pauldron of the Nord in the second picture, if you were to look at him from a different angle then he could easily have the animal hide hanging off the pauldron.

Even from this perspective, you could at least see the horns, if you watch more carefully, you can already see that you can see the left one, *from his perspective left* (in the second picture) to 1/3. And the one in the first picture, has a blocky shield-like base, where the animal head(?) is attached to, and you don't see that in the second one.

We don't have an official word on that too, it's only speculation.

But it's rumored, that we will get a lot of answers next month, and in the fan interview at the official TES forums.

Edited by Iv000

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't even really see the left pauldron of the Nord in the second picture, if you were to look at him from a different angle then he could easily have the animal hide hanging off the pauldron.

You can't see any hints of horns, so lets not assume anything.

I swear I saw the first one somewhere... Maybe in one of the gameplay interviews? http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/ermm.gif

I believe it was on a magazine scan that someone put up a while back.

I think it's just formlists and armor addons adding visual variation to the outfits. I don't have any ideas how they implementing it in game from the players perspective....

It's not a ZOMG there are different pauldrons moment for me, as I have seen about 3 different variations on a single outfit back in feb-mar-ish. So I know thee are visual variations on outfits, think F3 behind the scenes Bipped slot and addon system, but actually used this time. < well that's my guess. It could be even cooler with smithing involved... which could lead to EPIC outfit modding.

I think it's just formlists and armor addons adding visual variation to the outfits. I don't have any ideas how they implementing it in game from the players perspective....

It's not a ZOMG there are different pauldrons moment for me, as I have seen about 3 different variations on a single outfit back in feb-mar-ish. So I know thee are visual variations on outfits, think F3 behind the scenes Bipped slot and addon system, but actually used this time. < well that's my guess. It could be even cooler with smithing involved... which could lead to EPIC outfit modding.

I think you are right here. If it's not separate, it does look like there's addon slots for armor.

Some armor pieces might have more slots than others, which, in turn would make it much more customizable than even Morrowind. :D

Having armor-"addons" would make smithing a lot more valuable and interesting! :)

we'll see if those addons are actually manipulatable in game..

In F3 they could kind add as separates. if you just created a separate entry and created a new item for it... I set my sandtroopers pauldron up as a separate armor object. Something not exactly possible in Ob as it had very limited biped slots :P

But generally in F3, everything that was used to add variations to outfits via form lists were auto attached on a per outfit basis. So you couldn't do anything about manipulating them on the fly in game. Think decals of power armor and what not.

I hope this smithing is gold. Or even separately add a way to manipulate addons on the fly in game some how outside of smithing. Even then it'll still be cool for modders.

Edited by Ghogiel

Just to wet your appetite

Here is a fan made Argonian head:

Actually looks quite well, and the model quality seems equal (more or less) to the one we saw for Khajiit.

So it may be possible that this is very similar to the original, that we haven't seen yet.

Actually looks quite well, and the model quality seems equal (more or less) to the one we saw for Khajiit.

So it may be possible that this is very similar to the original, that we haven't seen yet.

Beats the argonians in oblivion that looked like humans with a lizard head.

Nice. :o