Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Yes, I hope it's like I described a few pages back, upgrading armor with pieces and not only the stats boost, but the armor changes look.

Like adding a pauldron adds +1 defense, and attaches the actual pauldron on the armor.

Sounds highly likely, since we saw same armors with a few different pieces, and boosting stats would be enchanting.

I think you are all getting your hopes up. You could improve your armor in Oblivion, it just put the stat above 100. There is nothing pointing to armor being finely customizable. This would probably be a feature they would be really pushing were it there since it would be such a drastic improvement.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are all getting your hopes up. You could improve your armor in Oblivion, it just put the stat above 100. There is nothing pointing to armor being finely customizable. This would probably be a feature they would be really pushing were it there since it would be such a drastic improvement.

Of course I am getting my hopes up.

I found a lot of evidence that is pointing to my theory (found a few pages back).

Even if it is not like I described, even if it is only stat boosting, or worse, I don't care.

I have been thinking about what things I mostly enjoyed in Oblivion, Morrowind, and Daggerfall, it was exploration, combat and customization.

By the looks of it, Skyrim will be a big, believable world, with lots of exploring, the combat looks fantastic, especially the magic.

Only if those two will be great, I will have my GOTY. Customization is not as important, but takes away from the "Role Playing" part of the game, Daggerfall is perfect when it comes to customization.

Nonetheless I will totally enjoy Skyrim, a bit of armor won't destroy my most anticipated game!

And then there are still mods...

Well, if they don't include visually damaged armor in Skyrim, I sure hope they will allow scripted swapping of models being used so we can do it ourselves. That would be a project I would enjoy working on.

You know I would love to see a bard singing/playing some sort of rendition of the Morrowind theme. Would be a nice homage. :)

Well, if they don't include visually damaged armor in Skyrim, I sure hope they will allow scripted swapping of models being used so we can do it ourselves. That would be a project I would enjoy working on.

I missed the post, lol.

I'm assuming the engine didn't allow it on Oblivion, right? Man, it seems Oblivion's engine is capable of a lot of fantastic things, yet is incapable of others. :( But yeah, I'm hoping Skyrim's engine is more flexible.

Edited by InuyashaFE

I think they should maybe add at least the choice to download a client to go multiplayer(for consoles too!:D), I mean not with the whole world! But maybe with 2-3 friends and maybe boost the enemy difficulty level up a few notches. I would almost guarantee that would bring in more sales, they should make a tattoo and growth system. Like maybe at the beginning of the game while customizing your character, lets say you're going to be a dual sword-wielding orc conjurer, they should let you customize your height and broadness of your character and muscle tone to make a fat/beach body ^.^ that would be awesome

I think they should maybe add at least the choice to download a client to go multiplayer(for consoles too!:D), I mean not with the whole world! But maybe with 2-3 friends and maybe boost the enemy difficulty level up a few notches. I would almost guarantee that would bring in more sales, they should make a tattoo and growth system. Like maybe at the beginning of the game while customizing your character, lets say you're going to be a dual sword-wielding orc conjurer, they should let you customize your height and broadness of your character and muscle tone to make a fat/beach body ^.^ that would be awesome

Multiplayer, no.

It would take away from the development time of the singleplayer, and SP is what the elder scrolls was always about.

If you want a good Multiplayer game, wait for Guild Wars 2.

Tattoos are confirmed to be in the character creator.

I heard that the Character Creation is similar to Aion's, which is very very detailed.

Multiplayer, no.

It would take away from the development time of the singleplayer, and SP is what the elder scrolls was always about.

If you want a good Multiplayer game, wait for Guild Wars 2.

Tattoos are confirmed to be in the character creator.

I heard that the Character Creation is similar to Aion's, which is very very detailed.

Exactly, part of what makes the elder scrolls great is you're not worrying about beating other players, getting pwned by level 90s, and getting called a noob every 5 seconds. If you put in multiplayer, there's no way to immerse yourself into the world anymore.

Detail, always a good thing! :) Just hope it's manageable and we don't have to mull over our character's appearance longer than we actually play the game.