Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Well, the very first thing I will do on Skyrim, Is kill every single wood elf in the game. (just for being the same race as the adoring fan) :)

Being Dragonborn, I suppose one could get away with that. I say go for it! Although, I wouldn't be surprised if we can spot his direct descendent...or can they live that long?

snip

I've never played Morrowind but it certainly looks like some character was lost in the Oblivion flavor...as if the races were homogenized.

Well, I already have Steam because of New Vegas so why not Skyrim too? Ah, who am I kidding, I'd still buy it even if I didn't have a Steam game already. I still don't particularly like Steam but it hasn't "caused" problems for me yet.

LHammonds

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't encrypted in Oblivion, and they allowed it in New Vegas. Isn't exactly a sure thing. I can wait till I know for sure. Any how if I wait a few additional months the collector's edition will likely go on sale. :D

I've got friends who will buy it when it comes out regardless, so I'll still be able to play.

-I'm going to buy it just not immediately.

If they allow a script extender like in New Vegas it isn't huge. We'll see is there any word from silverlock.org that they will?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that script extender do? Allow it to be played without Steam?

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that script extender do? Allow it to be played without Steam?

Script extenders allow for mods to have access to extra abilities that aren't available with just the provided construction tools alone. Unfortunately I'm not a modder so I can't give you any examples.

Script extenders allow for mods to have access to extra abilities that aren't available with just the provided construction tools alone. Unfortunately I'm not a modder so I can't give you any examples.

For mods that drastically alter the game. The Oblivion one is usually refereed to as OBSE: Here.

I gotta ask: Why are Argonian and Khajit characters so popular?

Because they are the only original race in TES.

Humans are, you know, real.

Elves are humans with spiky ears.

Orcs are too widespread to be original.

But not only this, their looks and abilities are also great, also their lore.

I personally have never played a human/elf/orc character in any of the past TES games. Always Argonian or Khajiit.

EDIT:

I think you people haven't seen this pic here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8613775/Skyrim/SkyrimArgonian/MaleArgonian.jpg

I'm speechless.

You can find the new pictures and comparisons here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1221904-journalist-character-screens-quakecon-london-gamescom/

Also, it seems that more pictures will come very soon because these screenshots are from the journalists hands-on's. So expect about 6 more screens soon.

Edited by Iv000