Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does steel and daedric come in light version? Remember light is classed under Thief skill set.

Why not? Just because they were classified as heavy in previous titles, it doesn't mean that there aren't light versions now. I'm just trying to account for the lack of distinction in Smithing; it would be silly if one could only smith heavy armor with that skill.

How does steel and daedric come in light version? Remember light is classed under Thief skill set.

Why not? Just because they were classified as heavy in previous titles, it doesn't mean that there aren't light versions now. I'm just trying to account for the lack of distinction in Smithing; it would be silly if one could only smith heavy armor with that skill.

It sounds silly to me. I suppose it could work. :shrug:

They could just merge the light and heavy into one skill called armor, and just have a perk branch that gave the bonuses associated with either one. Splitting the skill into 2 makes little sense if every armor type is all the same. It degrades the uniqueness of the materials.

It sounds silly to me. I suppose it could work. :shrug:

They could just merge the light and heavy into one skill called armor, and just have a perk branch that gave the bonuses associated with either one. Splitting the skill into 2 makes little sense if every armor type is all the same. It degrades the uniqueness of the materials.

Agreed; I would still like to see some performance differences between armor types, as well. I just think they might be using the same materials for both types now.

For crafting, I imagine that they'd just make the light armor take less material. The system itself doesn't sound too complex either, just one light and one heavy with related perks working for one or the other.

Daedric is heavy armor we got to see a screen of the Heavy Armor skill description awhile back.

Hey, that's right: they list certain armor types in the skill descriptions! QuakeCon had this to say:

Those trained in Heavy Armor make more effective use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric Armors.

Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, and Glass armors.

Whoops. Guess I was dead wrong about that split. Oh, well; here's hoping there are more than just the listed armor types!

Daedric is heavy armor we got to see a screen of the Heavy Armor skill description awhile back.

Hey, that's right: they list certain armor types in the skill descriptions! QuakeCon had this to say:

Those trained in Heavy Armor make more effective use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric Armors.

Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, and Glass armors.

Whoops. Guess I was dead wrong about that split. Oh, well; here's hoping there are more than just the listed armor types!

We know there is Scale and Plate under "advanced armors", see the new Smithing perk list on the official forums

We know there is Dragonbone in both Light and Heavy variants too.

However thats it. That list is exhaustive, because we have all the types listed in the Smithing perks.

That means they cut Chain and Mithril; Id have REALLY liked to see one or the other. Maybe they thought it wasnt climate appropriate? :(