Skyrim Information

Zaldir

As i said, perks will make non offensive skills useful for killing, i think the devs are focusing on the pure thief, the real pure thief, a pure stealth character.

Though the dagger is still considered a one-handed weapon skill, the perks for the weapon are housed under the stealth banner.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/24/skyrim-building-better-combat.aspx

This way a pure thief is a true stealth character, that is fantastic while killing in the shadows, even if he is not as well trained in one handed as an assasin or a warrior. But if he is found in the open he will have a hard time as he is a thief, not a assasin or a warrior. For what i can see the pure thief will be a viable class and lots of fun, maybe not the best one to fight dragons and giant spiders, but pure warrior are not the best at picking locks and looting the neighbourhood without being noticed.

And i'm sure poisoning by pickpocket and stealthy daggers are not the only weapons given to the pure thief by perks, even there might be stealth perks for the bow.

Holy crap! I totally spaced that daggers are under Stealth, not One Handed, and that pickpocketing poison was available in the perk tree. Thanks for reminding me! That pretty much solves the offense problem...*STABSTABSTAB*

I can deal with Archery being under the Warrior as long as there's a real weapon under the Thief.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Whirlwind shout not speed rush but yeah close enough lol

lol hence the triple question mark. Thanks for that mate.

I'm in two minds whether to continue checking everyday for new information or just wait and take it all in on 11/11/11.

It's like I've got OCD when it comes to checking these forums hahaha.

With all the great games coming out I'm sure Skyrim will take up 90% of my time. It'll give my brother to get into some amateur modding as well. And from the sounds of it, you guys will probably be modding before you finish the game!!!

Not sure if you guys noticed it.

But it seems that we can actually block with a one handed weapon.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1219157-gameplanet-preview-is-wrong-about-equipping-racial-powers-confirmed-by-admin/page__st__20

It's post #36.

EDIT:

Or not, this is really confusing.

I'll just wait for a clearer answer.

Though I'm pretty sure that we can't block with one handed.

Edited by Iv000

But that takes too long! :(

Nevertheless, no one-handed blocking is only a minor inconvenience, as I assume every player will either have sword+sword, sword+staff, or sword+shield.

Mace+magic or magic+magic for me

and if you set it up right, you can probably have a hot key to swap out from single handed to 2hd if you need to block real bad

Edited by Ghogiel

I'm a bit disappointed that you cant block while duel wielding.

Isnt blocking one of the major parts of sword fighting?

Yes, but it's for balance reasons, dual-wielding probably does a lot of damage, maybe more than 2-handed weapons when the attacks are combined.