Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone check picture 7 and see what I see? Is that an ice bow or something? Or with flames on?

I'm kind of thinking that it might be a bound bow that you can summon. As with previous ES games you can use bound weapons and armour.

Unless he's found some kick-ass super crystal bow of flaming icedeath.

I just downloaded the uber high res version of those videos they released a few days back .. and wow .. fist off it looks great .. second .. there is a ton of LOD pop in on close up models and textures .. way more than the previous titles .. its running on a 360 and with F3 it was rare to see model/texture swapping on objects closer than 15-30 feet or so .. this is clear as day pop in at about 5 feet and even closer .. some might see this as a bad thing but I dont .. it shows how much they are pushing the 360 this time to achieve the shadows and detail that they have shown .. and since I own a decent PC I'm sure it wont be as noticable .. but its nice to see the 360 chugging a bit .. I remember F3 on the 360 ran smooth for me and never did I see pop in closer than 10 feet except maybe on a few smaller items.

Shadows? I don't really care if shadows are super detailed, I care if the game loads faster.

Yeah, I agree. I rather play a game with a smooth feeling than watch the shadows of the nearby tree. And I really hope it's improved from Oblivion where the environment basically grew at max speed when you arrived.

Damn my temper! Must get new PC pronto!

Yes! In fact you should be banned from this forum for not getting a PC for Skyrim! We don't need your PS3 filth contaminating the PC version!

Jokes......

haha charming!

but i just cant stay away from the forums when there are such fine taven wenches to talk to ;)

jk

Tavern wench? Smoooth, real smooth lol.

Failed today, went to buy the OXM magasine to see the Skyrim article. Yeah it's not out until *October* so I wasted £6 on a mag for a console I don't own. The back did say "Skyrim Preview" though but it was only a column!! Sad times.

lol decap!

I wonder where that is going to get censored...

I just downloaded the uber high res version of those videos they released a few days back .. and wow .. fist off it looks great .. second .. there is a ton of LOD pop in on close up models and textures .. way more than the previous titles .. its running on a 360 and with F3 it was rare to see model/texture swapping on objects closer than 15-30 feet or so .. this is clear as day pop in at about 5 feet and even closer .. some might see this as a bad thing but I dont .. it shows how much they are pushing the 360 this time to achieve the shadows and detail that they have shown .. and since I own a decent PC I'm sure it wont be as noticable .. but its nice to see the 360 chugging a bit .. I remember F3 on the 360 ran smooth for me and never did I see pop in closer than 10 feet except maybe on a few smaller items.

This is good news for PC gamers. I would much rather have them use a more advanced renderer and really limit the LOD for consoles, then have a weaker renderer and larger draw distance. The way they doing it the trade off favours the PC, as we can probably max sliders and ini files thus negating the trade off in looks vs performance in this circumstance.

If the did it the other way, both systems have to eat s*** as making a more advanced renderer might be beyond the scope of modding.

I think generally the view distance on shooters needs to be further, all the ranged combat innit.

Edited by Ghogiel