ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Skyrim Information

Zaldir

You know what I would like to see? More horse speeds besides walking and galloping.

It would be nice if they could integrate trotting and cantering, perhaps by tapping the forward key multiple times (once for walking, twice for trotting, etc). Maybe they could include a really hard gallop at breakneck speed, kind of like a sprint, where it could only be sustained for so long before the horse fell back into a slower pace.

This should be starred for a mod idea. Could be done using scripting, albeit messy scripting, right now in Oblivion.

I would have to look at the new libraries when the game comes out to say if it would be completely possible.

Of course, it would be nice if it was included by default.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We don’t get a new school of magic to replace Mysticism, but we do get Enchantment: a magical skill last seen in Morrowind, which lets you imbue your favourite weapon or armour with any spell effect you know. In that game, though, it was rarely worth trying it yourself when vendors could do it for you with no risk of failure. Which is probably why Oblivion left it out of your hands: there’s just a pedestal in the Imperial University that does it for you perfectly every time. Since it’s always been one of the most powerful and useful abilities in the world, having it as a player skill in Skyrim could be really interesting.

Offensive spells are now more flexible tools: a fire spell is not just a fireball, it can be used as a flamethrower or to place fire traps on the ground. And Bethesda say they’re hoping to let you combine them with one another, though exactly how won’t be nailed down until they’re sure they can do it."

"Bethesda played those mods, and ate humble pie. Lethal archery works, and they couldn’t ignore it. So bows in Skyrim are balanced like sniper rifles – or more appropriately, like the Huntsman for Team Fortress 2’s Sniper class. One or two shots kill, but arrows are generally in short supply. It’s a more thoughtful and satisfying combat option for tricky situations, rather than a shotspamming way of life."

^ Some of the new stuff in the recent preview.

^ Some of the new stuff in the recent preview.

More like old stuff in the new preview.. :P

Thanks for sharing nonetheless.

And to those uncertain about that Mysticism part: Mysticism as an School of Magic (ability) is gone, but it's spells remains. The spells are now scattered across the other Schools of Magic.

Did they cover that in that interview? I haven't listened to it yet.

Yes, they did :)

Here is the preview by the way!

And I find this sentence quite odd:

Oblivion was the commercial hit the series always deserved, but it’s also a game you can rarely mention without hearing someone’s top three gripes about it. A lot of Skyrim’s features are direct responses to those complaints, but a few almost seem intentionally defiant. If you were hoping they’d scrap the system where you level up a skill the more you use it, for example, you’ll find they’ve done the opposite – more on that later.

Was anyone hoping they'd scrape that?? That's like, one of the definitions of a TES Game! That is TES...

I think it's odd they would say that as well. It certainly never was a gripe of mine and Ive never heard anyone complain about that aspect of the game. Though I do know what he was talking about when it came to complaints. I think Oblivion is one of the best games out there, still. But it takes mods to get it to that point. Kinda says something about the vanilla product...

So far Skyrim sounds like its going to be epic out of the box. They really did listen to the community and even took some ideas from some of the best mods out there!

Did they cover that in that interview? I haven't listened to it yet.

I haven't read it in a long while, but I think Zaldiir has the link to the transcribed interview somewhere on his page.

Edited by AltreU

I found this if anyone is interested. Nothing new (in terms of content), but it says it was posted on the 16th and I haven't seen it yet. At the bottom they also claim to have some more interviews set up in the coming weeks.

A large part of the conversation seems to be about the release date, lol. kind of a boring interview to be honest.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/26494/the-oxm-podcast-bethesdas-pete-hines/

Edited by stars2heaven