Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could anyone give me a hand in terms of information...

I'm looking at messing around with the textures of Skyrim, obviously not a proper mod, just having a look.

But I'm fairly new to this aspect and not sure what to do with a .bsa file. Cheers!

My sons and I had a good time in line last night. Probably 300 people, and that was just one of the several Gamestops in the general area, plus other places. I was suprised by the number of people, I guess that was silly, this game rocks! People in line were many different ages, everyone was in a good mood, happy, joking, etc. Lots of young punk kids too, which is something I used to be (ahh, the good old days). That was also a pleasant surprise, since I thought kids only played FPS nowadays. Glad to see this game can please all walks of life. Have fun playing!

hey AltreU...did ya sniff the manual?

That new game smell, baby! The manual, the art book, and the guide (yes, I got the guide, I like statistics).

I ran away from a bunch of fireball tossing witches earlier. Got the first Ethereal power word, now I just need to find a dragon....

I found the "Freeze" shout word, and the shout that congeals time. I also finished the winterhold mage's college quest line - that was really hard - I recommend people save that one for later*. But I have to say that the magic system in this game is well thought out. and thankfully the mage guild questline doesn't feature necromancers.actually I only thought I was just doing one big quest for the winterhold college, the dungeons are massive compared to oblivion.

* I actually took a peek at the steam achievements and it turns out I'm perhaps the only person to have finished this early - 12/11/2011- but my character only barely scraped through it.

Edited by shadow_scale9180

Is there a "found something awesome" thread somewhere?

It's not really a spoiler...so:

In the beginning I've seen some strange rainbow colored water somewhere and thought I had a very weird graphics bug and moved on.

Just now I encountered something like that again, where you need to go for a certain golden item, and thought: Stupid bug, it looks like oil.

3 undeads stood up from their graves, charging at me, I'm throwing flames at them while they walk over the "weird bugged water" and BOOM they all die....my jaw dropped, so it is actually oil.

Is there a "found something awesome" thread somewhere?

It's not really a spoiler...so:

In the beginning I've seen some strange rainbow colored water somewhere and thought I had a very weird graphics bug and moved on.

Just now I encountered something like that again, where you need to go for a certain golden item, and thought: Stupid bug, it looks like oil.

3 undeads stood up from their graves, charging at me, I'm throwing flames at them while they walk over the "weird bugged water" and BOOM they all die....my jaw dropped, so it is actually oil.

Yeah hit that stuff with fire or lightning and watch the show

Back after adventuring in the frozen wastelands of Skyrim over the weekend. Man that game really sucks you in. Lost most of the weekend to it!

Runnin Skyrim on Ultra is amazing, I can only imagine how good some of the texture packs will look! I'm sure some will soon be arriving at the Nexus :P

Playing at pure mage, damn it's fun. Launching fireballs at dragons in flight, and the occasional bunny is great.

Hope everyone else is enjoying as much as me!

Back after adventuring in the frozen wastelands of Skyrim over the weekend. Man that game really sucks you in. Lost most of the weekend to it!

Runnin Skyrim on Ultra is amazing, I can only imagine how good some of the texture packs will look! I'm sure some will soon be arriving at the Nexus :P

Playing at pure mage, damn it's fun. Launching fireballs at dragons in flight, and the occasional bunny is great.

Hope everyone else is enjoying as much as me!

You mages have it way too easy. I have to wait for them to land before I can let my dual mace/axe combo loose on them.

On the bright side, staggering them with Unrelenting Force seems to work well.