Finally getting a computer up to spec for skyrim--Suggest an ENB

Deleted472477User

so, after four years of slogging along playing skyrim on machines ranging from brick to glorfied calculator, I can finally afford a half-decent gaming machine. I know these specs aren't ideal--I plan to change that videocard asap--but still Here's the specs:

Intel i7 quad Core 2.93 GHz

8 Gigabyte DDR3 memory

ZOTAC GeForce GTX560 1GB 256-BIT DDR5 HDMI Dual DV videocard

I can't tell you specifically how it's doing right now, since it's still on the way. I like to plan ahead :D

so, here's the thing. I'm not too clued in on ENBs, other than they look pretty and can really slow your game down. What I'm looking for is somethin neither to disney/anime looking, nor too grimdark and gritty. I like color within realistic boundaries, realistic looking lighting and shadows etc. I want something that will make things 'pop' and look real, but I don't care much for DoF stuff. In fact, an ENB without DoF or where it can be disabled is ideal.

Mostly, I'm into playing the game. I just want it to look really boss while I'm playing. So I'm not especially into ENBs that are for screenshots only or super-cinematic.

If you need to ask me questions to get a better idea, go for it!

There are many enbs based on realism, yet they are not the same.

The only ideal way to know is to test them yourself. You will be able to run them on your card.

Thank you for the quick reply!

so you're saying that I should be fine with most, but after that it just comes down to a matter of taste?

Edited by nyxalinth

I agree True Vision would be a good place to start. With only 1GB of VRAM, I would suggest staying to the performance side of things, at least until you upgrade :laugh: . Another thing to look into would be some of the SweetFx presets, which offer much lower performance impact, if that turns out to be an issue.