Mods for Skyrim might ruin the fun??

dodger805

They look absurd in comparison to Elder Scrolls which may have fantastical races but with the exception of magic follows the basic laws of physics

That's not true. Jumping is unrealistic, your resistance to physical forces is unrealistic (even without magical enhancements), your weight carrying capacity is unrealistic... shall I continue?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods are optional, you are under no obligation to 'ruin' your game using mods others may see as an improvement.

Doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions eh? :P

Yes your opinion. However I assure you that not every woman with big breast is obese or has implants. I need only look as far as to try and tie my shoes to realize this.

I also use BBB and I don't think I have any issues. I am a mother with a daughter who is bright, makes straight As and doesn't hate her body. So maybe your statement is untrue and the issue may be elsewhere?

Mods are optional, you are under no obligation to 'ruin' your game using mods others may see as an improvement.

Doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions eh? :P

Yes your opinion. However I assure you that not every woman with big breast is obese or has implants. I need only look as far as to try and tie my shoes to realize this.

I also use BBB and I don't think I have any issues. I am a mother with a daughter who is bright, makes straight As and doesn't hate her body. So maybe your statement is untrue and the issue may be elsewhere?

I can't wait for all the nude mods and stuff like BBB...and..ahem... other more intense mods (looks at russian modders) >.>

You need stuff like sexy walk too if the women walk and stand like gorillas again. You can say I have issues ( i prolly do) but ,to me ,it adds realism.

They look absurd in comparison to Elder Scrolls which may have fantastical races but with the exception of magic follows the basic laws of physics

That's not true. Jumping is unrealistic, your resistance to physical forces is unrealistic (even without magical enhancements), your weight carrying capacity is unrealistic... shall I continue?

Major difference between Oblivion physics and the super hero qualities of other games or anime. Moving so fast you appear to teleport, jumping hundreds of yards into the air and appearing to fly, being thrown through boulders and buildings, and swinging hunks of steel around the weight of an engine block is a big leap from popping Skooma, taking 10 arrows like a champ and running away with a couple dozen books on you.

Major difference between Oblivion physics and the super hero qualities of other games or anime. Moving so fast you appear to teleport, jumping hundreds of yards into the air and appearing to fly, being thrown through boulders and buildings, and swinging hunks of steel around the weight of an engine block is a big leap from popping Skooma, taking 10 arrows like a champ and running away with a couple dozen books on you.

Maybe big leap. But it's all down to personal tastes. Once you cross the limits of real world physics and allow magic, levitation, jumping from one roof to another across the street as if you were on the Moon (I did that often in Morrowind), any argument about realism is moot. Jumping hundreds of yards into the air or swinging a 3-yard long zweihander is as impossible as deflecting the blows of a huge dragon with a shield and a short-sword... at least with the big bad sword you have the illusion that you are more or less a match for the dragon - unlike with the super-realistic short-sword that looks like a toothpick compared to the beast. :tongue:

They look absurd in comparison to Elder Scrolls which may have fantastical races but with the exception of magic follows the basic laws of physics not to mention they just don't feel the part in the Elder Scrolls games. What if instead of giant swords, boomerangs, and bows they used lightsabers and assault rifles in Inuyasha? You would say it looks absurd and doesn't feel the part and I would say,"Oh but assault rifles are realistic and who cares about lightsabers in a manga series with demons and time travel". See where I am going with this?

To be fair, it's a lot easier to figure out how to make a giant sword than it is to figure out how to make an assault rifle or lightsaber. There's no technological gap.

they don't make sense in the Elder Scrolls world. If I was the admin of the site I would have deleted all the crappy anime mods with huge ass swords and half naked elves. Half of the website is taken up by that crap.

Remember - no one forces you to download those mods if you don't want to. Just move on and find something you do like the look of.

No one can 'ruin' a single player game but the person playing it, so don't blame others for having different tastes in downloads than yourself. Just because you don't like the mods doesn't mean they shouldn't be here. There wouldn't be very many mods here at all if that was the case, as everyone dislikes something amongst the file uploads here for one reason or another.

Remember - no one forces you to download those mods if you don't want to. Just move on and find something you do like the look of.

No one can 'ruin' a single player game but the person playing it, so don't blame others for having different tastes in downloads than yourself. Just because you don't like the mods doesn't mean they shouldn't be here. There wouldn't be very many mods here at all if that was the case, as everyone dislikes something amongst the file uploads here for one reason or another.

I'm not saying he should download anything.

I just get tired of everyone talking about how large swords and other such look absurd compared to the other things they do in the Elder Scrolls world.

I just get tired of everyone talking about how large swords and other such look absurd compared to the other things they do in the Elder Scrolls world.

That was kind of my point. If people wish to stick to lore based mods, let them. Nothing wrong with it - if other people want to add in something that completely breaks the game's lore, then that's their choice. It's not hurting anyone, so why complain about it?

Each to their own after all.