Will you be buying a new rig for skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to. My current computer can't even play games released within the past year. If I want to be able to play any game that comes out soon I need a new rig. I may be getting one for my birthday this coming month, so I may be in luck.

Nope. Already have one I built over a year ago that should be more than capable of handling whatever they throw at it.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/IntelCorei7960_WindowsExperienceIndex.png

I'll probably upgrade my desktop, at least CPU, RAM and graphics card. I'll keep the mobo to avoid too big of an investment, and that will keep me in LGA775 territory, so I'll likely go for a cheap core2 or similar. I guess 8 gigs of ddr2 1333MHz shouldn't be too expensive to allow me to maximize the officially supported max of my mobo, and for graphics, we'll just see what's a good deal in November...

It will most probably run okay on my current almost 2 years old system, unless it uses dx11 effects;

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @3.8Ghz (19x200Mhz)

Gigabyte EX58-UD5

6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz

HD4870 X2

Intel X25-M 160GB SSD

Zalman 850W Silent PSU

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

But I'm upgrading every second year, so I'm currently waiting for the HD6990 (Double GPU) graphic-card from AMD, which should be out within a month or two. And the real successors to Bloomfield and Gulftown CPU's in the Sandy Bridge series from intel, which should be available a few months before Skyrim release :)

Yes, I will get a new CPU and GPU and maybe some more RAM...

My PC is capable of playing any game on high but with a few lags here and there...

Basically, I will get AMD's new 6 core CPU, and a 5850. :3

Since they both don't cost that much now, and will cost even less in half a year, I am hoping to spend less than 600$.

Maybe a new videocard (current GTX275) but it is still developed with the current gen consoles in mind so I don't think the recommended specs will be outrageous. When I get around to using al the graphical enhancement mods in a few months after the release a new vid card might be necessary.