Will you be buying a new rig for skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

Go for ATI

Yeah, I'm thinking the ATI would be better too. The problem is, everyone seems to have a different opinion on whether or not Alienware is overpriced garbage or not. After doing a lot of research, it seems like the parts (processor, gpu, mobo, etc.) seem good. I just don't how reliable the construction is or whether or not I'll be bothered by the massive size of it. Overheating may be an issue as well, since I typically set and use my laptop on a leather couch or my lap while I'm sitting on the leather couch...

Generally they are, but when you're talking about gaming laptops everything will be overpriced.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh need a new video card is all it may make it but honestly it should of died 2 years ago lol. Its a old 8800gtx but it plays oblivion fine maxed moded out. My other 9800gx2 died about a month ago so looking at the new 2gpu cards gtx590 or maybe save a lot of money and get a gtx295 its still a extremely good card even though it is old as hell

I reciently bought a new rig,

16 gig of ddr 3 1333Mhz ram

new ATI 6970 2gb Graphics card

Intel i7 2600 3.4ghz cpu

Gigabyte GA P67a Ud 3P B3 Motherboard

and 2.5 TB of hard drive space

It will run on max graphics no lag easily.

I doubt that Skyrim will be more demanding than graphically modded Oblivion. (Quals Texture Pack, Oblivion Graphics Extender, Natural Enviorments, etc)

Also, I'm pretty sure that Skyrim's improved engine will be much more optimized and efficient with processing power.

Never buy Alienware. It's not crap it's just the Lexus of computers. It's just an overpriced Toyota :)

You can pretty much look at all the components in Alienware rigs, take that list and walk into a frys or another electronics store. and pay around $700-$1500 less. And thats with the exact same specifications as alienware.

When you buy an alienware you are not paying for hte power and technology you are paying for the brand.

Edit: also the alienware cases are garbage, they just look pretty.

Edited by Dianadoesitbest

Never buy Alienware. It's not crap it's just the Lexus of computers. It's just an overpriced Toyota :)

You can pretty much look at all the components in Alienware rigs, take that list and walk into a frys or another electronics store. and pay around $700-$1500 less. And thats with the exact same specifications as alienware.

When you buy an alienware you are not paying for hte power and technology you are paying for the brand.

a bit of off topic but..

i know a bit about cars and lexus is completely different from Toyota. they dont share parts, platforms and drivetrains are different in lexus (rear wheel drive based not front wheel like toyota) the tech in a lexus is way better, the materials used to make the car is way better. so its really unfair to call a lexus a overpriced toyota.

but back on track yeah alienware WILL rip you off no matter what PC you get from them. they are WAY overpriced. to show everyone how trash alienware is here a little example. im building a gaming PC from digitalstormonline.com this is the PC im gonna buy soon.(http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=487909%20) ill try to match the specs of this PC to an alienware to show you how jacked up the prices are. the alienware will be weaker then my PC due to alienware not being very customizable but i will match it as close as possible to my PC without making the alienware specs better then my custom PC (try to).

my soon-to-be PC http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=487909%20

specs:

i5 2500k 3.30 ghz

8gb DDR3 1600mhz of ram

1.5TB harddrive

dual GTX 560ti EVGA superclocked running in SLI

price $2272

now the alienware : http://img857.imageshack.us/f/alienware.jpg/

the Alien are is almost 3000 dollars!!!! while being weaker in everything but harddrive space and this WITHOUT a Monitor. my PC comes with it and a 3 year warranty plus its safely overclocked. to get a 3 year warranty for the alienware you to pay $269. srsly pay for dell's India based service yeah f**k that. you dont even have to buy from digitalstorm there's cheaper custom builders out there. im going with them since they're the best reviewed, highest rated custom builder. dont get alienware please save some money and get a better PC somewhere else.

Edited by hector530

It was my correct understanding that Lexus is manufactured by Toyota. The name Lexus is a brand created to sell high end cars outside of Japan. What you would buy and call a Lexus is a Toyota. Alienware is a just a Dell computer, with an alien head on it.

a bit of off topic but..

i know a bit about cars and lexus is completely different from Toyota. they dont share parts, platforms and drivetrains are different in lexus (rear wheel drive based not front wheel like toyota) the tech in a lexus is way better, the materials used to make the car is way better. so its really unfair to call a lexus a overpriced toyota.

but back on track yeah alienware WILL rip you off no matter what PC you get from them. they are WAY overpriced. to show everyone how trash alienware is here a little example. im building a gaming PC from digitalstormonline.com this is the PC im gonna buy soon.(http://www.digitalst...sp?id=487909%20) ill try to match the specs of this PC to an alienware to show you how jacked up the prices are. the alienware will be weaker then my PC due to alienware not being very customizable but i will match it as close as possible to my PC without making the alienware specs better then my custom PC (try to).

my soon-to-be PC http://www.digitalst...sp?id=487909%20

specs:

i5 2500k 3.30 ghz

8gb DDR3 1600mhz of ram

1.5TB harddrive

dual GTX 560ti EVGA superclocked running in SLI

price $2272

now the alienware : http://img857.images.../alienware.jpg/

the Alien are is almost 3000 dollars!!!! while being weaker in everything but harddrive space and this WITHOUT a Monitor. my PC comes with it and a 3 year warranty plus its safely overclocked. to get a 3 year warranty for the alienware you to pay $269. srsly pay for dell's India based service yeah f**k that. you dont even have to buy from digitalstorm there's cheaper custom builders out there. im going with them since they're the best reviewed, highest rated custom builder. dont get alienware please save some money and get a better PC somewhere else.