The Nexus 2.5 Millionth Member Competition

Dark0ne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the great effort you put in these fansites. The rules however are kickking the idea of this community's butts: "Contain the authors own work ONLY. You cannot use other author’s content from any other modification". -You can not set rigid rules like that. The community is based on different kinds of team relations which is again manifested in its openness. -Which this competition should understand and value. New mods come from a continuous labour from your fansite, which inspires us to bring it even further - to reach whatever goals we have. I hope this is understandable - my english brain is not well adjusted to the norwegian thinking, due to lack of experience. I wish you all well!!! Edited by janerik

Thanks for the great effort you put in these fansites. The rules however are kickking the idea of this community's butts: "Contain the authors own work ONLY. You cannot use other author’s content from any other modification". -You can not set rigid rules like that.

You wanna make a bet? If this was just a notoriety contest, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if credits and permissions were in order. However, the distinction here is that there is a physical reward. That can be seen as "making money" from other people's work. How would you feel if you spent 2 years making 3D models and textures to allow modders to make an entirely new city...and someone comes along, picks up your assets you made freely available to the community with the mindset that nobody will be making a profit from your work....and joe blow enters a contest making a mod with your assets and wins a contest where they get a free vacation to Bethesda studios and Disneyland?!?!?!?!

Yep, I'd bet you'd be fuming that you did not get to see any of that action....even if the majority of the work was by you. :confused:

Indeed, many people seem to think that in order to win this competition they need to make some sort of epic 10 hour masterpiece that's on-par with Midas Magic...the previous winners of this competition didn't make massive mods that were super perfect; they just used original and niche ideas. The TESNexus winner was a quest mod that took about 20 minutes to complete. What it lacked in time it made up for in an amusing questline.

I'm not looking for masterpieces. In fact, I'd rather have something short and sweet than long and dragged out.

I do have to ask: I am fairly new to this forum. I don't know any of you! :D

Things I can do:

- Build a mod that captures the idea "community" in general

- Integrate people who have helped me in the past, even though they are not necessarily on this forum (the community I am in right now)

- Capture the feeling of being "the new guy" and dealing with entering a new community

Is this within the theme?

I do not see an awful lot of options here. This is btw the first mod I will ever have created - for any game. I am using your contest as a convenient deadline to finally finish something I can share with others.