The Nexus 2.5 Millionth Member Competition

Dark0ne

Indeed the idea and/or story and how that idea plays out is far more important than the complexity of the graphics, textures, animations or anything else "new" that users might add.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go for the Nexus fort idea, there is a LOT of things you can do creatively...such as an NPC on the top of the fort (appropriately named Dark0ne) that casts silence spells called "No forum posting for 30 seconds" or a paralysis spell called "IP Lookup" or a fireball spell that instantly disintegrates all armor and is called "Naked Trolls" or a Silver warhammer that can insta-kill anything and makes the body disappear and is called "Troll Banisher." For even more fun, you could have it where any moderator that falls in battle is immediately resurrected and why not rename them from "Dark0ne" to "Dark0ne.2" or "buddah" to "buddah.2" so you can know how many times each NPC has died based on their name. This list can go on-and-on.

LHammonds

I see what you're doing here. He posted all these great ideas here so that people won't use them. Nice way to eliminate competition. :devil:

Hmm...mayby I'm wrong, aren't you a jury member? :ermm:

Anyway, one question still strikes me: Are modders allowed to use content MADE BY THEM, but already released with other mods?

If they are allowed that would also be unfair since as I understood so far, everyone should start their projects from scratch. Not that I want to make people angry, but I'm just saying... :smile:

If you submit something that is just yours and yours alone, there can be no complaints about said reward...such as a resource author wanting a slice of the pie for the mod you submitted that included his/her work

I suppose that is a problem that would arise with "real world" rewards such as the money. I didn't think about that. Non money competitions I've witnessed and participated in many ethics conversations about them, never one involving money and I'm sure there's all kinds of situations that haven't crossed my thinker yet!

you should learn Blender.

I don't want this to sound egotistical in the least...but you aren't familiar with my work are you? ;)

Nothing that Dark0ne said about what he'd like seen done says there has to be new models, textures or animations to accomplish it.

Sometimes you HAVE to use new models to accomplish your vision though. Like in the case of what I wanted to do, new models were needed in order to accomplish several stages of the quest I was planning. There were a few I was still going to need to make, but many had already been done in resource form. (I might still make it, as a thank you gift to the community non competition wise.)

Hi!

I understand the reason that no modders resources are allowed but its too bad that any non vanilla armor or clothing mod that shows skin would be ineligible under these rules.

If a modder were to make a port of their own armor mod for a vanila body model would it be eligible?

Are there any limitations on releasing their armor to the public for a non vanilla body model while a vanilla version has been submitted to the contest?

If a modder were to make a port of their own armor mod for a vanila body model would it be eligible?

As long as the armor and texture is all your work, I don't see a problem with that.

Are there any limitations on releasing their armor to the public for a non vanilla body model while a vanilla version has been submitted to the contest?

Are taking about releasing the same mod publicly with a few modifications? I suppose you could do that. Dark0ne wanted the submissions to be hidden purely to protect the authors in case they submitted them early and wanted to keep others from seeing what they did. I would think you could submit it for the contest AND again for public view if you wanted...however, once the contest is done, the mod will be publicly visible...thus making your 2nd upload a bit redundant and we cannot "merge" stats and comments.

LHammonds

If you submit something that is just yours and yours alone, there can be no complaints about said reward...such as a resource author wanting a slice of the pie for the mod you submitted that included his/her work

I suppose that is a problem that would arise with "real world" rewards such as the money. I didn't think about that. Non money competitions I've witnessed and participated in many ethics conversations about them, never one involving money and I'm sure there's all kinds of situations that haven't crossed my thinker yet!

you should learn Blender.

I don't want this to sound egotistical in the least...but you aren't familiar with my work are you? ;)

Nothing that Dark0ne said about what he'd like seen done says there has to be new models, textures or animations to accomplish it.

Sometimes you HAVE to use new models to accomplish your vision though. Like in the case of what I wanted to do, new models were needed in order to accomplish several stages of the quest I was planning. There were a few I was still going to need to make, but many had already been done in resource form. (I might still make it, as a thank you gift to the community non competition wise.)

I apologize ,I misread. I meant no disrespect http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

Edited by alonsomartinez

I think this contest is a neat idea to give out prizes. :)

Who doesn't like to get prizes and free stuff. :)

Sadly I won't be entering this contest because I rely heavy on resorces other modders created too. Without HGEC body as a base to use for my work it would seem a bit dull to even try to make something to enter. Not only would i not enjoy making a mod without HGEC as base but also the work would end up being something that i would not even use for my own game.

just my thought on this contest :)

hope to see who wins what and i hope everyone has fun too :)