Fallout countdown timer appears on official site

Dark0ne

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25769339. #25769514, #25770139, #25770179 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: A countdown timer has appeared on the official Fallout site and backed up by a tweet on the official Bethesda Twitter account.

Please don't be Fallout Online.

angryglock wrote: Amen.
sardoukar wrote: :S No! they wouldn't....
why would you even ... shut up!!
Jinxxed0 wrote: fallout4.com has a please standby. They're using the URL. That pretty much sums it all up

Umm fallout online is already a thing, look it up its called FOnline: Reloaded. Edited by devildog423

In response to post #25771794. #25773209, #25777049, #25777159, #25780994 are all replies on the same post.

KiCHo666 wrote: Please don't be dumbed down....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down.....Please don't be dumbed down......
d81 wrote: If Skyrim is any indication I expect the worst...but still (idiotically) hope for the best.
Camonna Tong wrote: Quite a bit of the "dumbing down" had to do with the consoles, so it won't be as bad. Morrowind, which is my favorite, had the most dumbing down of them all. I've not had problems with most of the dumbing down. Stuff like the Classes being removed I agreed with. Post-Daggerfall classes had no real point besides affecting your level rate and how high your level can be.
jim_uk wrote: If it follows the Elder Scrolls pattern then each game will be dumber than the last with important stuff stripped out to make way for pointless fluff, hopefully mods can correct that.
Gopher wrote: @jim_uk I disagree. I don't think the TES games have been dumbed down at all. I have been playing since Daggerfall, and the only thing I would say is 'dumbed down' in Skyrim is the magic/enchanting system. I understand why they had to do that (and it had nothing to do with consoles), but I didn't like it.

You could write a small novel on the amount of dumb down in TES so I wouldn’t get your hopes up bud accept reality...

In response to post #25782884.

Apogee777 wrote:

my thirst for Skyrim in a modern age is quenched by GTA-V, now modding tools are released..

i wonder if GTA-V's success has now pushed Beth to get back on track with FO4

but i love the easy easy modding + good performance with the DX9 engine,

also with the amazing extensive ENB effects we currently have with Skyrim.

i just hope Beth keep the same accessibility for FO4 modding and don't go too crazy with the game engine

basically i'm saying, make FO4 with this Skyrim engine so we can transfer already created community assets for mega mega mods in FO4 :P

GTA V is an amazing world; definitely a highly advanced engine, and I played it for a few weeks... Came right back to my wonderfully modded Skyrim. It didn't make the grade. If I wanted a modern open-world at this moment, I would go back to FO3.

I still follow the mods available for GTA V... Nothing that really interests me for very long. Mostly gimmicky stuff like whales in the streets or complete traffic insanity or guns that shoot out a strem of cars.. LOL. That kinda thing gets old in mere minutes.

In response to post #25782884. #25784054 is also a reply to the same post.

Apogee777 wrote:

my thirst for Skyrim in a modern age is quenched by GTA-V, now modding tools are released..

i wonder if GTA-V's success has now pushed Beth to get back on track with FO4

but i love the easy easy modding + good performance with the DX9 engine,

also with the amazing extensive ENB effects we currently have with Skyrim.

i just hope Beth keep the same accessibility for FO4 modding and don't go too crazy with the game engine

basically i'm saying, make FO4 with this Skyrim engine so we can transfer already created community assets for mega mega mods in FO4 :P

Goliatron wrote: GTA V is an amazing world; definitely a highly advanced engine, and I played it for a few weeks... Came right back to my wonderfully modded Skyrim. It didn't make the grade. If I wanted a modern open-world at this moment, I would go back to FO3.

I still follow the mods available for GTA V... Nothing that really interests me for very long. Mostly gimmicky stuff like whales in the streets or complete traffic insanity or guns that shoot out a strem of cars.. LOL. That kinda thing gets old in mere minutes.

I'd be willing to bet that FO4 will be on the Skyrim engine (modified for Fallout, of course). I just hope they remember to flip the compiler optimizations ON from the first release this time.

In response to post #25781269.

Wallettheif wrote: If fallout 4 isn't developed by Obsidian then I'm honestly not interested. Fallout 3 was awful, awful, awful.

I don't see how it was very different from New Vegas. It lacked an iron sight mechanic and that was about it. They both have an annoying colored haze, boring stories, and can be modded. New Vegas didn't add anything worth mentioning in my opinion and I thought Fallout 3's landscape was better.

In response to post #25781269. #25784194 is also a reply to the same post.

Wallettheif wrote: If fallout 4 isn't developed by Obsidian then I'm honestly not interested. Fallout 3 was awful, awful, awful.
PotatoeGun wrote: I don't see how it was very different from New Vegas. It lacked an iron sight mechanic and that was about it. They both have an annoying colored haze, boring stories, and can be modded. New Vegas didn't add anything worth mentioning in my opinion and I thought Fallout 3's landscape was better.

FO3 had bad combat mechanics besides the failure to implement iron sights (e.g. OP VATS). While the writing isn't amazing in FNV, it's better than the generic hero story of FO3 and more in tune with the FO universe.

I get this feeling Bethesda is staying on the eastern US and maybe (just maybe) Obsidian will do more on the west, to allow Bethesda to develop its own sub-universe.