Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25800299. #25801014 is also a reply to the same post.

Nargoz wrote: Game is set in Boston, confirmed due to the landmarks we see in the trailer.

The prologue of the game is probably you and your family escaping from your home to the vault based on what we saw in the trailer.

our Character will be voiced by troy baker.

Also remember the Fallout 4 document leak way back at the end of 2013 ?

---> http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

The trailer basically confirmes that this leak was real.

based on what we see in the back, left of the power armour display , weapons will be way more customizeable. with different stocks, barrels and more. the rifle the vault 111 dweller is carrying wich can be seen here

http://imgur.com/QsTHHRc

shows that there will undoubtely be more makeshift weapons simillar to the rock-it! launcher and dart gun and railway rifle.

Honestly im excited beyond belief and i can't wait until their E3 conference on june 14th where we will see way more.
zanity wrote: We know WAY more than that. Thanks to an inside source on Neogaf, we know the story revolves around ANDROIDS, and that you likely play a Human/Android 'hybrid' (think Bladerunner). Being a Bladerunner style Android, the game once again has a perfect excuse why you appear to have NO MEMORY, and are forced to start from scratch gaining skills, knowledge and understanding.

PS you are "excited beyond belief" at a game clearly designed to run OK on the Xbox360, and looks like a Fallout 3 mod running on the Skyrim engine with zero gameplay mechanism improvements? Damn, your standards are low.

My biggest unhappiness is how DULL the trailer made the game look For those already familiar with the 2 recent games, it was way too generic and unimaginative. If one's promotional materials are this bland, it tends to speak poorly;y of the project overall.

wait... were given a preset character?

In response to post #25800299. #25801014, #25801664 are all replies on the same post.

Nargoz wrote: Game is set in Boston, confirmed due to the landmarks we see in the trailer.

The prologue of the game is probably you and your family escaping from your home to the vault based on what we saw in the trailer.

---> http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

based on what we see in the back, left of the power armour display , weapons will be way more customizeable. with different stocks, barrels and more. the rifle the vault 111 dweller is carrying wich can be seen here

shows that there will undoubtely be more makeshift weapons simillar to the rock-it! launcher and dart gun and railway rifle.

Honestly im excited beyond belief and i can't wait until their E3 conference on june 14th where we will see way more.
zanity wrote: We know WAY more than that. Thanks to an inside source on Neogaf, we know the story revolves around ANDROIDS, and that you likely play a Human/Android 'hybrid' (think Bladerunner). Being a Bladerunner style Android, the game once again has a perfect excuse why you appear to have NO MEMORY, and are forced to start from scratch gaining skills, knowledge and understanding.

PS you are "excited beyond belief" at a game clearly designed to run OK on the Xbox360, and looks like a Fallout 3 mod running on the Skyrim engine with zero gameplay mechanism improvements? Damn, your standards are low.

My biggest unhappiness is how DULL the trailer made the game look For those already familiar with the 2 recent games, it was way too generic and unimaginative. If one's promotional materials are this bland, it tends to speak poorly;y of the project overall.
13thrangers wrote: wait... were given a preset character?

Nah. Just a backstory like in FO3. Our character will stay customizable. That's FO standard.

In response to post #25800299. #25801014, #25801664, #25801759 are all replies on the same post.

13thrangers wrote: wait... were given a preset character?
Paralyzer wrote: Nah. Just a backstory like in FO3. Our character will stay customizable. That's FO standard.

@zanity

We already have your thoughts about this game on display in your independent post and I understand your disappointment, but there's no need to shove it in the throats of other people who feel different than you. Edited by VWgolfR1

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374, #25799499, #25799539, #25800024, #25801399 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.
StenDarker wrote: You'd rather have squeezeface than ken doll?
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: Pre-rendered :P Everything shall look fine.

And then the EnB/Texture MLG modders shall come forth and blow it out of the water as always.
mortis venunum wrote: beautiful dog !
KiCHo666 wrote: IF the game will be moddable.
This talk about ID Tech engine got me worried.
jim_uk wrote: It had me worried too but there is an editor for RAGE so all this talk of it not being moddable wasn't right, that said I have no idea how capable it is.
KiCHo666 wrote: Well, if they reintroduce paid mods, they better release some badass game editor and Nif (if it's gonna be used) maker/editor.
macintroll wrote: This is NOT a ID6 engine ^^

If trailer was made with Creation engine (modified probably) itself, then I'm actually impressed with graphic and animations considering what engine is used.

In response to post #25797594. #25797784, #25798549, #25798764, #25798944, #25798999, #25799019, #25799119, #25799124, #25800989, #25801324, #25801359 are all replies on the same post.

UkrainianCossack wrote: Are they following existing lore or are they trying to write some new "stuff"?
Everything looked so different, like Borderlands :/
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I highly doubt it. I know a lot of people argued about Fallout 3 being too bland and green after 200 years? The sky would have cleared up (No green tint) and the flora would have started slowly growing back. If anything this looks similar to RAGE.
lancevan wrote: You're the only other person I've seen compare it to RAGE, personally I think it looks almost the exact same lol.
jim_uk wrote: Bethesda own the RAGE engine so it's possible, if it is id Tech then modding may be a problem.
goatkiller wrote: I think it is a modified Id tech 6
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I think it's all the textures and tinting that got me thinking of RAGE :p

God this is going to be a good year ~.~
KiCHo666 wrote: Those trees where Brahmins were look like those from Skyrim, as well as ghouls kinda reminds of draugrs.
It must be Creation engine.
KeltecRFB wrote: Probably the next version of it?
jim_uk wrote: I've been doing a bit of reading up and Carmack said id Tech does work well with open worlds.
UkrainianCossack wrote: I didn't only mean graphics-wise but also lore-wise... I mean I didn't feel that 50's touch you had in the other games. I mean flying pirate ships? A city looking exactly like one from Broderlands? There is just not enough "Fallout" in this trailer.

Just because it is a "futuristic" game it doesn't mean that they should abandon the whole semi-realistic aspects of the series.
macintroll wrote: I don't see a ID6 engine here, not at all, it looks like a vanilla Skyrim engine, no more, no less. (look at the LOD of the "only" image on the website in the left side... ) really i don't see anything from ID6 engine here, just the "ambiance" is very similar to Rage for buildings and mutants.

BTW all the trailer is game footage, no pre-render here
zanity wrote: It does look VERY Rage like, but Bethesda (thanks to the world's worst business decision- the buying of iD) does have a LOT of spare, otherwise useless staff that worked on the original Rage, so it is highly likely that unfortunately, Fallout 4 inherited some of these 'talents'.

It is also vaguely possible that Bethesda wasted tens of millions of dollars deriving a 'new' engine from whatever iDTech engine powered Rage. Rage's rotten engine could have been bashed into a form more suited for open-world environments, but it would have delivered ZERO benefits over an evolution of the Skyrim engine.

But there is something CLUNKY and unfamiliar in the release video- like another engine doing an IMPRESSION of the Skyrim one. Given that Fallout 4 clearly was specced to run OK on an Xbox360, bad producer decisions galore have cursed FO4, and going iDTech would just be another.

Doesn't look even close to it. Rage looks absolutely amazing and have very art like Wasteland with gritty atmosphere. This trailer looks very cartoonish, more like The Bureau XCOM and Borderlands have a baby. No post apocalypse atmosphere at all...

I'd reckon that this the "Void Engine" (as others have pointed out, an altered ID Tech engine) that should actually be better for modding with better coding structures and somesuch from what I've gathered.

I'm not going to get my panties in a bunch about the graphics as I kind agree with what Gopher said on his livestream earlier today, to paraphrase:"We're going to complain about the graphics anyway and get a texture patch 3 weeks later." Not to mention - if this going to be more mod friendly (which I'd reckon because why would you torpedo one of the best parts about the game, something that Bethesda have recognized themselves if I remember correctly). The engine certainly seems like it allows for much more fluid and better animations (particularly in regards to machinery) which would definitely also be good for modding.

I won't make any deductions as to style and lore as of yet. Although I don't think having stuff like (makeshift) blimps and ships in there is too far off for Boston. Repurposing seems fitting for a post-apocalyptic world. Given what we've seen in the FO universe I don't think the scenes are too far off, some remind me of DLC, some of FO3 and some a bit of NV. The colors definitely look different and more energetic but I doubt that will be an issue with ENBs and Dynavision which will undoubtedly happen for the game.

I'll sit back and wait for the E3 footage and finally, nothing will replace actually playing the game when it comes out - that's my 2 cents.

In response to post #25800209. #25800924, #25801564 are all replies on the same post.

zanity wrote: No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Zenimax insisted Fallout 4 be optimised for LAST-GEN consoles (Xbox360, PS3) on the dumb assumption that when released, a good chunk of its profits would come from those platforms. A game released 2.5 to 3 years AFTER the PS4, designed to run on the RAM and GPU of an Xbox360- this is the worst possible scenario.

The trailer was horrid- dull assets and rubbish storytelling, since we've all already played Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, so we don't need to be given a wholly GENERIC introduction to the world of Fallout.

This project feels STALE- like a team who'd rather have been revisiting Elder Scrolls rather than taking a trip back to 1950s America. And given the coding team were obviously forced to continue to work with an engine that could operate on a 1900XT (the ancient AMD/ATI tech in the Xbox360) with 512MB of RAM, the coders must've been BORED to death, and very uninspired indeed.

I was hoping more for a NEXT-GEN gameplay overhaul rather than fretting about the overall quality of the graphics, but we are clearly getting neither. The CPU of the Xbox360, again, was the limiting factor- so more physics and more interactive mechanisms were out of the question.

PS don't bother responding to point out that Bethesda has cancelled the Xbox360 version by now, or spent the last year inserting better MESH assets. Neither change the FACT that we are getting a game in 2016 that was wholly developed so it could run adequately on an Xbox360. This is a Producer/Managerial FAILURE of epic proportions.
KeltecRFB wrote: I have to wait and see before I come to that conclusion.
UkrainianCossack wrote: I have to agree completely with mr.Zanity here.

I have no idea what they are currently doing with Fallout 4, and I hope they change their minds quick because this isn't looking bright at all.

Seems like they have completely just tossed and mixed Rust and Borderlands into a horribly bad optimized game.

Also, I have no feeling of that 50's American tint that is SUPPOSED to be in a Fallout game.

This does not bode well at all.

Have you actually played any of the fallout games? There's always a generic introduction. This is nothing new.

Also love the FUD about the gameplay. As if anything can be reasonably concluded from this teaser.