Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25831709. #25832844 is also a reply to the same post.

Traditionalfire wrote: People, stop getting so pissy over the obviously fake reddit post from 2014.

http://kotaku.com/latest-popular-fallout-4-rumor-sure-seems-like-bs-1709009561
JianXintou wrote: Guess we'll have to wait the next 10 days to be sure. I'll remain skeptical of any claims that don't have any evidence.

Exactly, wait for the press conference and then we'll see, or maybe we won't.

In response to post #25832509. #25832534 is also a reply to the same post.

digitaltrucker wrote: Do any of you who are actually familiar with the Fallout franchise (or for that matter TES) truly believe that Bethesda would limit the player to a specific gender? That would be such a massive reversal of their traditional gameplay that it's frankly unbelievable. I don't buy it.
frogzilla98 wrote: +11111111111111111111111111

I said as everyone can see, "If it is true..." I don't know if it is true yet.

However I have seen big developers take what I felt is a step in the wrong direction. Let us look at Bioware/EA with the Dragon Age games. Each one became less moddable and limited your choices more each game.

If they want to write a game with a specific PC in mind for a story...that is their prerogative. I'm not even saying it CAN'T be good. I just would not be interested in RPGs that limit choice and ignore what has been happening in gaming. Women are gamers. It is impossible to deny that the 18-30 demographic white male gamer is no longer completely accurate.

The writing of the game, how good the game is, how well-done and bug-free *cough* a game is made is obviously the most important thing. But you can have all these things and more and give gamers a choice when making RPGs. After all...it stands for role playing right? Not much of role playing when even the gender option is removed.

I will wait to see what is confirmed. I am not saying I believe things..which again is why I said "IF" it is true. It would not, however, shock me in the least. Edited by Lisnpuppy

In response to post #25832509. #25832534, #25832994 are all replies on the same post.

digitaltrucker wrote: Do any of you who are actually familiar with the Fallout franchise (or for that matter TES) truly believe that Bethesda would limit the player to a specific gender? That would be such a massive reversal of their traditional gameplay that it's frankly unbelievable. I don't buy it.
Lisnpuppy wrote: I said as everyone can see, "If it is true..." I don't know if it is true yet.

However I have seen big developers take what I felt is a step in the wrong direction. Let us look at Bioware/EA with the Dragon Age games. Each one became less moddable and limited your choices more each game.

If they want to write a game with a specific PC in mind for a story...that is their prerogative. I'm not even saying it CAN'T be good. I just would not be interested in RPGs that limit choice and ignore what has been happening in gaming. Women are gamers. It is impossible to deny that the 18-30 demographic white male gamer is no longer completely accurate.

The writing of the game, how good the game is, how well-done and bug-free *cough* a game is made is obviously the most important thing. But you can have all these things and more and give gamers a choice when making RPGs. After all...it stands for role playing right? Not much of role playing when even the gender option is removed.

I will wait to see what is confirmed. I am not saying I believe things..which again is why I said "IF" it is true. It would not, however, shock me in the least.

Of course they won't

In response to post #25832509. #25832534, #25832994, #25833799 are all replies on the same post.

Lisnpuppy wrote: I said as everyone can see, "If it is true..." I don't know if it is true yet.

I will wait to see what is confirmed. I am not saying I believe things..which again is why I said "IF" it is true. It would not, however, shock me in the least.

When it comes to character creation, DA: Inquisition has the most options for creating a character out of all the games. You can't choose your intro thing sure but you have a ton of options when it comes to character design.

In response to post #25831709. #25832844, #25832894 are all replies on the same post.

Traditionalfire wrote: People, stop getting so pissy over the obviously fake reddit post from 2014.

JianXintou wrote: Guess we'll have to wait the next 10 days to be sure. I'll remain skeptical of any claims that don't have any evidence.
Traditionalfire wrote: Exactly, wait for the press conference and then we'll see, or maybe we won't.

I'm surprised that redditor didn't claim that all the characters would have large heads and a three-frame walking animation...would make about as much sense as most of the garbage in that post.

I just cant stress enough how important the map size is to me. Skyrim / Fallout only became good / great games after approx 100 mods, the modders can incorporate just about everything from weapons to graphics to quests to buildings to complete overhauls.

But modders cant / dont / wont, increase the map size. Both Skyrim and especially fallout had tiny maps...a few sessions and you had it covered, a few more and you could tell the location from a screenshot, you wer neve more than a minutes walk from one of the two main roads in NV, you could never really get lost in any kind of wasteland, both games were limited by the small size and thus scope.

Now if we had a map 4x skyrim you then have a playground that with mods could go for years or certainly a long time before it became familiar....modders will fill the gaps in the games issues and make it a better game, you could have a least some semblance of a waste land which was not possible in FNV or any kind of forest in Skyrim etc.

The map size is everything, everything else can be modded in.

In response to post #25831709. #25832844, #25832894, #25833909 are all replies on the same post.

Traditionalfire wrote: Exactly, wait for the press conference and then we'll see, or maybe we won't.
digitaltrucker wrote: I'm surprised that redditor didn't claim that all the characters would have large heads and a three-frame walking animation...would make about as much sense as most of the garbage in that post.

Hopefully there will be mods for that.