Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

For all of you who are putting any stock whatsoever in that stupid reddit post, yet more proof it's a load of BS. This is in addition to this.

Hey guys! I used to work for Bethesda too! Until I got fired for doing obscene things to Todd Howard's Twinkie stash, that is! I played TES VI: Atmora! It's full of flying monkeys and magical talking sweetrolls! It's also designed exclusively for Android smartphones and the Super Nintendo console! The player character is going to be a giant were-mudcrab!

Get a grip.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25824664. #25824914, #25825809, #25825919, #25826019, #25826209, #25826354, #25826574, #25828999, #25830289, #25830979, #25831614, #25832299, #25832644, #25850134, #25852914, #25864629, #25865409, #25879124, #25883714, #25903315, #25903907 are all replies on the same post.

Lisnpuppy wrote:

In response to post #25824069.

znancekivell wrote: Excellent.

In fact, I have only a single complaint about the whole trailer.

We all know that Fallout 4 will ( or should! ) let us choose which gender we want to be, so as far as the actual game is concerned this is a moot point, but I am disappointed that Bethesda chose ( yet again! ) a male stand-in for the PC instead of a female wanderer. I really am becoming utterly sick of all these Caucasian males running around in video games, and I would prefer to see some actual variety in the spice of nuclear apocalyptic life.

Love the dog, by the way. Wo/Man's best friend!

If rumours are correct there is no female player character, that's going to piss some people off, as for dudes in nearly every game...

Contains strong language.

If that is true...(and I hope to the internet deities that Bethesda has learned players want MORE choices and not less) then that may actually be a deal breaker for me. That is going backwards. The last two games you could play as female so it makes little sense why you would not be able to do so now.

It wouldn't even be totally about the fact I am female...it is at the end, choice. Bethesda seems to narrow games more and more with each one. I don't care how pretty the graphics are or if the game has drivable cars. Let me have at least a semblance of choice and be able to choose male or female.

With everything that has taken place in the past few years regarding women's place in gaming I would think that in a title that is looked forward to by so many that gender choice would be a no-brainer. I would smack of lazy and that Bethesda has had its fingers in the ears and are loudly singing "la la la la la can't hear you la la la."

jim_uk wrote: This woman was mocked at the time but so far what she's said has been on the money https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4 not just the date and location but if you check out of the developer making the spin off you'll find they're a Bethesda partner and looking to hire people with Gamebryo/id Tech experience. If the post in genuine then it's not looking good for those who want choices.
Darkspazz wrote: Good lord everyone chill out, They already hired voice actors for both the male and female character, You'll be able to play as a girl. Can y'all stop circle jerking nonsense?
SMB92 wrote: Can you back that, Darkspazz, with say, some EVIDENCE :/

Back to the topic, I don't particularly feel comfortable with having a "gender change" at the end of the story, in fact if at all. I always play my character as "Trinity" from the Matrix, this would piss me off severely. And hopefully that woman from reddit isn't joking about a new engine + map size, let's hope it's moddable. With all this talk of cutting everything else, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. But then, they'd probably want to charge wouldn't they?
JianXintou wrote: Are there any sources for these supposed VAs?

The reddit post above may not be 100% accurate but doesn't seem too far off, either.
CRBASF23 wrote: If we was really the person who leaked the information to Kotaku, why in the Kotaku article it says that they called for both Male and Female actors, when in her reddit post says you can only play as Male?
CRBASF23 wrote: Kotaku the supposed magazine which the woman leaked the info to, in it's article said that they had a casting call for both male and female VA's: http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956
jim_uk wrote: Try reading the Reddit post, it says you can switch to female after the main quest, that would explain the female VA as would having women Npcs.
jediakyrol wrote: In every fallout you could play as a woman...even BoS for XBox... It would be the stupidest thing in the world if they locked you to one gender (unless it was for like a flashback chapter where you are put in the shoes of your ancestor)
frogzilla98 wrote: Yeah. White men are the devil. /s
monsterseventeen wrote: i play fallout as a woman, and most games as the same character where i can put her, the reason might seem sexist, i have put her there since oblivion on playstation 3, this was the first game i played where a player could fully customise there own character, so naturally i put myself or as close as i could as the character, then half way down the gold road toward anvil a bunch of female bandits jumped out and set about me, i killed one before feeling uncomfortable, since then i have had the same kick ass woman in every game i can, i feel a great affection for her, apart from the fact she is all i want to look at 'cos i play 3rd person, i always try to find her romance.
NDDragor wrote: If they are taking away the option to play as a female, then they are destroying the creative process of creating your own and unique character that was one of the things which I enjoyed the most in the Fallout and TES series because the different characters which I created felt alive and I could play the games again and again, always making my own and new story with a different character.

But to play with a predetermined character is making me feel like something is limiting me and I cant feel the freedom of the game anymore. But this opinion of mine is only about the Fallout and TES series. There are many games where I enjoy the predetermined protagonists.
CRBASF23 wrote: This is what the kotaku article said:
The casting documents describe some of the other characters in the next Fallout's wasteland, like a radio DJ named Travis Miles and an engineer named Sturges who is described as "a cross between Buddy Holly and Vin Diesel." Casting calls for both the male and female versions of the player character note that the player begins the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber.
JianXintou wrote: @CRBASF23: Thanks for the source.

" it says you can switch to female after the main quest"
That sounds like an odd design decision. "Hey, you're done with the MQ, congrats. Now you can go to some big MT-esque geniuses that can change your sex!"

"a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games."
This sounds curious, kind of like DA. Not sure how this will play out if it's true.
CRBASF23 wrote: She claimed that Fallout 4 is using a completely new engine: "This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems. Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim."
From what I saw from the trailer it's more like a modified Gamebryo engine than a new one to me, but with tweaks to lighting and animations, that's all. But I'm Ok with it since this way modders will have an easier time modding it.
†TYRANICK†™ wrote: But gamebryo sucks. Look at all the problems with 32bit/64bit issues and limited RAM availibility and no x64 .EXE and the game not using more than 4 gbs of ram and a whole host of bugs, limitations and all sorts.

I for one hope it's on a brand new engine if it's really been in development for so long...I am hoping for UE4 but that's a long shot. the gamebryo engine is dead, dated and limiting, i really really hope it's not a tweaked skyrim engine or we'll suffer all the same issues as last time, but even worse.

People have 4-12gb GPUs now and 8-24GBs of RAM in there machines these days and rely on x64 a lot, if they are using a tweaked Skyrim engine well the game is crippled to x32 straight away unless they figured out how to make it x64 this time.

Time will tell.

Also that "leak" is so full of guess work, don't believe a thing.
Camonna Tong wrote: I highly doubt they would not make it x64. That would leave 1.3 GB of RAM they can't use. Yes, only 4.5 GB of the 8 GB is usable of the consoles for games. The rest is for the OS. It will be x64. I can guarantee it. Especially after seeing how big Boston is, and how much they've done.
Cinnaspice wrote: I too would prefer to be able to choose and create my own character including gender. I am a woman and never play RPGs as a male character. It is a role-playing game after all and per Gary Gygax a role-playing game is one in which you get to create your character. A game in which you assume the mantle of a pre-determined character is a role-assumption game. Of course, no one ever calls them that.

Unfortunately, some companies think it is a good idea to force people into a certain character so they can tell a specific story (even if they still give players choices, the narrative remains the same.) I fervently hope Bethesda isn't one of the stupid ones.
VxdVxn wrote: Just going to throw my 2 cents in and add that I don't think they would ruin the FO name by creating the first and ONLY FO game designed not to have a gender choice for the main PC (even if its only for main story). That would be insane. Insanely stupid that is.

I'm more concerned about the game play and combat system, and whether or not they will release a broken game or one that I can actually play. I wont be buying right away, I'm going to wait until I read and watch reviews after it's been out for a while.
RGMage2 wrote: At the time she played it (early in development) it was probably male only. She said it was only 40% finished, a lot can happen between then and the final product. I'm not going to believe it will be male only, no way!
Tannin42 wrote: Regarding Engine: What the woman on reddit said makes sense. It's reasonable to assume bethesda may have planned to release on last-gen consoles as well. Whether they actually will: who knows, it doesn't matter, at least they probably wanted to have the option.

Gamebryo said in an interview in 2014 that they are working on an update to their engine with support for current-gen consoles and 64-bit (http://gamingbolt.com/gamebryo-interview-developing-a-next-generation-engine-with-high-quality-graphics-and-stability)

So my guess is they will use an updated gamebryo engine, hopefully with similar moddability.
This "could" be what the reddit-woman meant by "brand new engine" if she isn't a programmer but maybe an artist or story-writer.
Zaldiir wrote: What she says that doesn't make sense (or rather, one of the things) though, is this:
"Fallout 4's PS4/XboxOne/PC version is about 40% complete, while the PS3/Xbox360 version is about 15% complete. Both versions are being developed by BGS."

Anyone who says something like that have no understanding of game development, which makes me question her entire post. Why can't it be true? Well, she says that the current-gen version is made on a new engine, and that the last-gen version is made on the Skyrim engine. She is basically saying that they are making two games simultaneously, and both games are the same. No developer on earth have ever done, or does that.

So, she is certainly lying, but whether or not parts of her story checks out, we cannot know just yet.

Bethesda called Skyrims engine new when it was an updated version of the engine they used for Fallout, it's possible the 360/PS3 versions could be made to run on the old version while the PC/PS4 and XBone use the updated one. What makes it unlikely is the timing, as time passes those old consoles become less relevant, in a years time they'll be as good as dead.

I'm not saying the post is genuine but something did catch my eye, the spin off, the developer named turns out to be a Bethesda partner who is hiring people to work on an "Award winning AAA franchise", the job ad lists experience of Gamebryo and id Tech as a requirement.

In response to post #25824664. #25824914, #25825809, #25825919, #25826019, #25826209, #25826354, #25826574, #25828999, #25830289, #25830979, #25831614, #25832299, #25832644, #25850134, #25852914, #25864629, #25865409, #25879124, #25883714, #25903315, #25903907, #25905791 are all replies on the same post.

Lisnpuppy wrote:

We all know that Fallout 4 will ( or should! ) let us choose which gender we want to be, so as far as the actual game is concerned this is a moot point, but I am disappointed that Bethesda chose ( yet again! ) a male stand-in for the PC instead of a female wanderer. I really am becoming utterly sick of all these Caucasian males running around in video games, and I would prefer to see some actual variety in the spice of nuclear apocalyptic life.

If rumours are correct there is no female player character, that's going to piss some people off, as for dudes in nearly every game...

If that is true...(and I hope to the internet deities that Bethesda has learned players want MORE choices and not less) then that may actually be a deal breaker for me. That is going backwards. The last two games you could play as female so it makes little sense why you would not be able to do so now.

It wouldn't even be totally about the fact I am female...it is at the end, choice. Bethesda seems to narrow games more and more with each one. I don't care how pretty the graphics are or if the game has drivable cars. Let me have at least a semblance of choice and be able to choose male or female.

With everything that has taken place in the past few years regarding women's place in gaming I would think that in a title that is looked forward to by so many that gender choice would be a no-brainer. I would smack of lazy and that Bethesda has had its fingers in the ears and are loudly singing "la la la la la can't hear you la la la."

jim_uk wrote: This woman was mocked at the time but so far what she's said has been on the money https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4 not just the date and location but if you check out of the developer making the spin off you'll find they're a Bethesda partner and looking to hire people with Gamebryo/id Tech experience. If the post in genuine then it's not looking good for those who want choices.
Darkspazz wrote: Good lord everyone chill out, They already hired voice actors for both the male and female character, You'll be able to play as a girl. Can y'all stop circle jerking nonsense?

Back to the topic, I don't particularly feel comfortable with having a "gender change" at the end of the story, in fact if at all. I always play my character as "Trinity" from the Matrix, this would piss me off severely. And hopefully that woman from reddit isn't joking about a new engine + map size, let's hope it's moddable. With all this talk of cutting everything else, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. But then, they'd probably want to charge wouldn't they?

The reddit post above may not be 100% accurate but doesn't seem too far off, either.
CRBASF23 wrote: If we was really the person who leaked the information to Kotaku, why in the Kotaku article it says that they called for both Male and Female actors, when in her reddit post says you can only play as Male?
CRBASF23 wrote: Kotaku the supposed magazine which the woman leaked the info to, in it's article said that they had a casting call for both male and female VA's: http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956
jim_uk wrote: Try reading the Reddit post, it says you can switch to female after the main quest, that would explain the female VA as would having women Npcs.
jediakyrol wrote: In every fallout you could play as a woman...even BoS for XBox... It would be the stupidest thing in the world if they locked you to one gender (unless it was for like a flashback chapter where you are put in the shoes of your ancestor)
monsterseventeen wrote: i play fallout as a woman, and most games as the same character where i can put her, the reason might seem sexist, i have put her there since oblivion on playstation 3, this was the first game i played where a player could fully customise there own character, so naturally i put myself or as close as i could as the character, then half way down the gold road toward anvil a bunch of female bandits jumped out and set about me, i killed one before feeling uncomfortable, since then i have had the same kick ass woman in every game i can, i feel a great affection for her, apart from the fact she is all i want to look at 'cos i play 3rd person, i always try to find her romance.
NDDragor wrote: If they are taking away the option to play as a female, then they are destroying the creative process of creating your own and unique character that was one of the things which I enjoyed the most in the Fallout and TES series because the different characters which I created felt alive and I could play the games again and again, always making my own and new story with a different character.

But to play with a predetermined character is making me feel like something is limiting me and I cant feel the freedom of the game anymore. But this opinion of mine is only about the Fallout and TES series. There are many games where I enjoy the predetermined protagonists.
The casting documents describe some of the other characters in the next Fallout's wasteland, like a radio DJ named Travis Miles and an engineer named Sturges who is described as "a cross between Buddy Holly and Vin Diesel." Casting calls for both the male and female versions of the player character note that the player begins the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber.

That sounds like an odd design decision. "Hey, you're done with the MQ, congrats. Now you can go to some big MT-esque geniuses that can change your sex!"

"a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games."
This sounds curious, kind of like DA. Not sure how this will play out if it's true.
CRBASF23 wrote: She claimed that Fallout 4 is using a completely new engine: "This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems. Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim."
From what I saw from the trailer it's more like a modified Gamebryo engine than a new one to me, but with tweaks to lighting and animations, that's all. But I'm Ok with it since this way modders will have an easier time modding it.
†TYRANICK†™ wrote: But gamebryo sucks. Look at all the problems with 32bit/64bit issues and limited RAM availibility and no x64 .EXE and the game not using more than 4 gbs of ram and a whole host of bugs, limitations and all sorts.

I for one hope it's on a brand new engine if it's really been in development for so long...I am hoping for UE4 but that's a long shot. the gamebryo engine is dead, dated and limiting, i really really hope it's not a tweaked skyrim engine or we'll suffer all the same issues as last time, but even worse.

People have 4-12gb GPUs now and 8-24GBs of RAM in there machines these days and rely on x64 a lot, if they are using a tweaked Skyrim engine well the game is crippled to x32 straight away unless they figured out how to make it x64 this time.

Time will tell.

Camonna Tong wrote: I highly doubt they would not make it x64. That would leave 1.3 GB of RAM they can't use. Yes, only 4.5 GB of the 8 GB is usable of the consoles for games. The rest is for the OS. It will be x64. I can guarantee it. Especially after seeing how big Boston is, and how much they've done.
Cinnaspice wrote: I too would prefer to be able to choose and create my own character including gender. I am a woman and never play RPGs as a male character. It is a role-playing game after all and per Gary Gygax a role-playing game is one in which you get to create your character. A game in which you assume the mantle of a pre-determined character is a role-assumption game. Of course, no one ever calls them that.

Unfortunately, some companies think it is a good idea to force people into a certain character so they can tell a specific story (even if they still give players choices, the narrative remains the same.) I fervently hope Bethesda isn't one of the stupid ones.
VxdVxn wrote: Just going to throw my 2 cents in and add that I don't think they would ruin the FO name by creating the first and ONLY FO game designed not to have a gender choice for the main PC (even if its only for main story). That would be insane. Insanely stupid that is.

I'm more concerned about the game play and combat system, and whether or not they will release a broken game or one that I can actually play. I wont be buying right away, I'm going to wait until I read and watch reviews after it's been out for a while.
RGMage2 wrote: At the time she played it (early in development) it was probably male only. She said it was only 40% finished, a lot can happen between then and the final product. I'm not going to believe it will be male only, no way!
Tannin42 wrote: Regarding Engine: What the woman on reddit said makes sense. It's reasonable to assume bethesda may have planned to release on last-gen consoles as well. Whether they actually will: who knows, it doesn't matter, at least they probably wanted to have the option.

Gamebryo said in an interview in 2014 that they are working on an update to their engine with support for current-gen consoles and 64-bit (http://gamingbolt.com/gamebryo-interview-developing-a-next-generation-engine-with-high-quality-graphics-and-stability)

So my guess is they will use an updated gamebryo engine, hopefully with similar moddability.
This "could" be what the reddit-woman meant by "brand new engine" if she isn't a programmer but maybe an artist or story-writer.
Zaldiir wrote: What she says that doesn't make sense (or rather, one of the things) though, is this:
"Fallout 4's PS4/XboxOne/PC version is about 40% complete, while the PS3/Xbox360 version is about 15% complete. Both versions are being developed by BGS."

Anyone who says something like that have no understanding of game development, which makes me question her entire post. Why can't it be true? Well, she says that the current-gen version is made on a new engine, and that the last-gen version is made on the Skyrim engine. She is basically saying that they are making two games simultaneously, and both games are the same. No developer on earth have ever done, or does that.

So, she is certainly lying, but whether or not parts of her story checks out, we cannot know just yet.
jim_uk wrote: Bethesda called Skyrims engine new when it was an updated version of the engine they used for Fallout, it's possible the 360/PS3 versions could be made to run on the old version while the PC/PS4 and XBone use the updated one. What makes it unlikely is the timing, as time passes those old consoles become less relevant, in a years time they'll be as good as dead.

I'm not saying the post is genuine but something did catch my eye, the spin off, the developer named turns out to be a Bethesda partner who is hiring people to work on an "Award winning AAA franchise", the job ad lists experience of Gamebryo and id Tech as a requirement.

" She is basically saying that they are making two games simultaneously, and both games are the same. No developer on earth have ever done, or does that."

Good point, actually. No for profit company in their right mind would burn money on such an endeavor.

I would honestly also question her motivation and goals. Let's just assume she actually did work for Bethesda and was fired for something (whatever that may have been). Why seek revenge by leaking information about one of their upcoming major titles? The financial damage that could come from sth. like this are likely insignificant. Sure, it'll stir up rumors and and maybe it'll deter some people but that's where it stops.

Particularly if her claims prove untrue the whole thing would have been a total crapshoot. If we just assume that her story is true and she was fired for sth. insignificant it would make a lot more sense to threaten a lawsuit. Edited by JianXintou

In response to post #25904771.

digitaltrucker wrote:

For all of you who are putting any stock whatsoever in that stupid reddit post, yet more proof it's a load of BS. This is in addition to this.

Hey guys! I used to work for Bethesda too! Until I got fired for doing obscene things to Todd Howard's Twinkie stash, that is! I played TES VI: Atmora! It's full of flying monkeys and magical talking sweetrolls! It's also designed exclusively for Android smartphones and the Super Nintendo console! The player character is going to be a giant were-mudcrab!

Get a grip.

Indeed.

In response to post #25865099. #25877194, #25877229, #25878144, #25883834 are all replies on the same post.

thunderwolf86 wrote:

ok i really didnt want to be the guy to bring attention to this (maybe it already has, cant 100% confirm) but to be perfectly honest, despite the fact that i too and super excited for FO4, i am also incredibly concerned as it was only a month and a half ago that paid mods was momentarily integrated for Skyrim. it could be just as easily integrated into Fallout 4 right from the get go. again i really didnt want to draw more attention to this issue and cause an unnecessary flame war but i do feel that this needs to be discussed and looked into. i do have my own opinions on the subject like everyone else but thats not really what i am aiming for, id rather focus on whether or not Fallout 4 will have paid mods instead of the whole paid mods right or wrong thing. keep that in the back of your minds as i feel it is a little more then just a coincidense the only 6 weeks after the whole paid mods fiasco does Fallout 4 get announced.

dwyzl wrote: There is no connection. Stop being paranoid.
endgameaddiction wrote: Here's the best thing Bethesda could ever do to generate revenue for the PC version

1. Place FO4 on another engine not allowing us to mod with toolkit. aka idTech
2. Male protagonist as main character and selection only.
3. Monetize system on mods.
4. Still create bugged out titles and broken patches.

That right there will guarantee PC users to support and buy Fallout 4 for sure.

And before any dumdum tries to retaliate on me. You can monetize mods without a toolkit. But who's going to be purchasing replacers and retextures? probably 99% of the STEAM fanboys that's who.

On a serious note: Bethesda will not integrate P2M (pay 2 mod) from the get go. That literally would be the dumbest move they do in 2015, or one of the top 5 dumbest things done in 2015.

If they plan to implement a monetize system for mods, it'll be done by the time they release the GECK after they've changed the EULA to their benefit, which will not be released at the launch of the game fyi (for your information).

Whether they go through with this or not, I'm not going to pre-order this game until...

1. I know for sure no monetize system will be integrated into Fallout 4.
2. If it's not integrated, I'm going to wait for the final edition. I'm not spending extra USD for the DLCs separate.
3. If it's using Creation Engine, are we going to get shafted with animations like Skyrim? having to use a havok system. Fore said himself he's not making a FNIS 2 for another game period. I know because I know.

If they meet my expecations and listen to me, then I'll buy the game retail price as a courtesy. If not, my money is not worth their financial interests.

JianXintou wrote: If we're talking about P2M with past precedence in mind then I would even question: Is it that relevant for everyone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think to remember this was solely a Steam Workshop thing. If you open the game up to modding in general, you can't really force people to pay for mods - I doubt there is a way to limit mods that work to mods that only come from Steam Workshop. So I don't see that being such a huge issue either way.

Plus they would be ridiculously stupid to repeat the same mistake twice in a year.
RGMage2 wrote: Paid mods is really the only question I have about FO4.

I will buy it, I will play it, and I will enjoy it. Whether or not I will make mods for it is as yet unknown.

I didn't mean to say I would pre-order the game with conditions. I mean purchase this game until...

my error on that.

I would never pre-order a game, ever. If people want to, that's them. I'll make smarter investments. And when people stop pre-ordering, it makes Bethesda panic. But if we send the message clear that we've had enough with broken games and constant broken patches, they'll have to meet our expectations.

I don't expect them to fully patch the game 100% because that's impossible, but I do expect them to do a better job than the previous titles and what they done to Skyrim.

I mean you would think the amount of pre-orders there have been in the past would serve as some kind of influence to keep patching the game until it's at a more stable and playable level.

Take it from this I just wrote above why monetized mods will never work. A modder who makes 25% profit (which is complete garbage) selling you a mod will not be influenced enough on money to keep patching the game if he's making a really sh_tty profit from his/her work. The amount of PMs and modder playing customer support is well not worth that 25% profit. Even if you have 100 mods up and selling. Good luck with all those PMs about people complaing and demanding a fix instantly because they purchased that mod. Edited by Guest

In response to post #25824664. #25824914, #25825809, #25825919, #25826019, #25826209, #25826354, #25826574, #25828999, #25830289, #25830979, #25831614, #25832299, #25832644, #25850134, #25852914, #25864629, #25865409, #25879124, #25883714, #25903315, #25903907, #25905791, #25910031 are all replies on the same post.

Lisnpuppy wrote:

Time will tell.

jim_uk wrote: Bethesda called Skyrims engine new when it was an updated version of the engine they used for Fallout, it's possible the 360/PS3 versions could be made to run on the old version while the PC/PS4 and XBone use the updated one. What makes it unlikely is the timing, as time passes those old consoles become less relevant, in a years time they'll be as good as dead.

JianXintou wrote: " She is basically saying that they are making two games simultaneously, and both games are the same. No developer on earth have ever done, or does that."

Good point, actually. No for profit company in their right mind would burn money on such an endeavor.

I would honestly also question her motivation and goals. Let's just assume she actually did work for Bethesda and was fired for something (whatever that may have been). Why seek revenge by leaking information about one of their upcoming major titles? The financial damage that could come from sth. like this are likely insignificant. Sure, it'll stir up rumors and and maybe it'll deter some people but that's where it stops.

Particularly if her claims prove untrue the whole thing would have been a total crapshoot. If we just assume that her story is true and she was fired for sth. insignificant it would make a lot more sense to threaten a lawsuit.

@Zaldiir: Not true. Why can't two different but similar engines (i.e. two incarnations of the gamebryo engine) not use the same data?
Modern games often consist mostly of scripts (be they compiled for better runtime is besides the point) separate from the core binary. This is particularly true for moddable games.
The "brand new" engine could still use papyrus to run the same scripts. Graphics and sound assets have to be converted depending on platform anyway so there is probably not a lot of extra-work.
This leaves primarily the game world as something that can't be easily converted and would be insane to build twice. But who knows, maybe BGS or Gamebryo create a converter (which could explain why the old-gen variant lags behind). Or the new engine supports the same map assets.

What should be obvious is that in a company with several hundred people working on a game, not everyone understands every part of the development process. And not everyone is equally competent.
Just because not everything reddit-woman said makes 100% sense from the technical pov doesn't mean she didn't work in the company.
Also the fact that BGS no longer plan a last-gen port in June 2015 doesn't mean they weren't thinking about it in June 2014 (or earlier) when reddit-woman was still allegedly working in the company.

In response to post #25904771. #25911555 is also a reply to the same post.

digitaltrucker wrote:

Get a grip.

TheCourier13 wrote: Indeed.

And on top of that: http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-wont-be-on-ps3-or-360-bethesda-says-1709714933

In response to post #25904771. #25911555, #25926789 are all replies on the same post.

digitaltrucker wrote:

Get a grip.

TheCourier13 wrote: Indeed.

Well I'm relieved if this is true. The uncertainty is killing me.

But I can't help but think this is gonna be another x86 (32-bit), buggy-ass Gamebyro driven game, those graphics sure look like it maybe in DX10 or 11 (I think it's safe to say it won't be DX12 lol) but that might not mean much if it is on the same buggy crap we've been getting for years now.

And I sincerely hope that it will be 3 times bigger than Skyrim mapwise :)

Does anyone else want to disable the time played button for these games? I mean I have 600+ hours on Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Skyrim... I can't imagine the mods that are going to come out for this one. Which will easily take me well beyond 600+ hours on this one.