Fallout 4 Graphics Controversy.

SoberBarn

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pre-rendered trailer, since when have those ever really represented game content truthfully?

Look at what was shown for Skyrim in it's early trailers, then what was present on release - I'm expecting a similar level of difference between the trailer, and what will be shown as actual game footage, and then again to what is actually released.

The internet must be desperate for something to talk about... We know next to nothing about Fallout 4, nothing about what sort of system it is designed for, nothing about what is or is not pre-rendered graphics, nothing about the game play, and yet people are getting in arguments over it. More over, they're getting in a tizzy over graphics of all things.

Let me tell you a story about a game called The Order... It had cinema quality graphics, and nothing else. There was next to no gameplay to speak of, featured countless design failures, and offered a whopping 6 hours of content at 30 frames a second. Were the parts you could access pretty and detailed? Yes. Was it a good game? No. People need to stop getting up in arms over nitpicking game graphics since it only ends up being rubbish in the end (Like ESO, which devoted time and money away from content and testing in order to "retouch" their character models and as a result was still fundamentally broken months after release).

LOL if you have actually played any of the original fallouts, you would know that that the graphics in the trailer are similar to fallout 1, 2, and tactical. its like they took the original graphics from the old ones and mixed it with the graphics from 3 and new vegas.

i thought the graphics looked pretty good. i mean yes i absolutely wish for a FallOut with Crysis or Witcher Graphics. would be insane. but all in all im honestly just happy they didnt reuse Skyrim's engine and call it good.

Will people stop calling it Gamebryo? They got rid of that thing in Skyrim thus: "Creation Engine". It was middleware and now it is gone. If the distant LOD looks terrible, then it is them not updating their engine or fixing things up. How can this possibly be pre-rendered? It looks like a game, there are jaggies everywhere and the animations are still really floaty. The first Fallout 3 trailer had a special trailer world you can view in the GECK to this day. Skyrim had special placements and scripts for their E3 demonstration ect. Every game is pretty much rigged when you see a "in-game trailer". I am betting all this is scripted footage like all their other ones.

I will still be enjoying the game regardless though. :smile: I am sure it will be brilliant (with a few bugs no doubt).

If that was CGI then that's appalling. If it's in-engine gameplay it still looks only just acceptable, there are PS3 games from 2009 that look better.

Please link to a open world PS3 game from 2009 that looks better in all areas. Please.

Edited by SparrowPrince

I liked the trailer. I thought the graphics looked good, maybe not amazing like Witcher 3 or Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I didn't think they were bad. As long as the graphics are at least as good as Skyrim and the story and gameplay is amazing, I'll love the crap out of that game. I still think New Vegas' graphics are pretty good. What I really want to know is what the recommended PC specs are. I was going to buy a new graphics card next weekend, but now I'm stuck waiting until they release that info.