Liking to play female characters does not equal pervert

DrunkenGamer

I realize that gaming is still dominated by the 14-34 male demographic, so there is a tendency on the part of some to assume that those of us who enjoy playing female characters (especially when we use nude mods, an/or sexy clothing mods) are perverted. the thing the people that make these assumptions fail to realize, however, is that males play these games, and shock! suprrise! We like love looking at the opposite sex! There's also a weird rumor going around that we enjoy sex, and it's very true.. :P

So I guess I don't get why when someone like Exnem makes female clothing that is very revelaing, people assume he's a pervert man. If you turn it around to be the opposite 'People who designs male Sexy Body and Clothing Mod X are gay!' it's equally silly.

I also don't get why some people seem so threatened and even offended by it--the idea of men liking to play female characters and put them in sexy outfits. I have theories, but in the interest of not getting myself banned because people could find it offensive, I am not going to state them openly in great detail here. You're welcome to PM me though. So i am going to stick with some generic statements here about it possibly being caused by insecurity, old-fashioned ideas about how women are supposed to be, and well, a certain amount of outright sexism involved.

I know I'm being vague here, it's because I am trying hard to not get myself banned (REALLY) while still trying to see the opinions of others on the subject. Does anyone agree? Disagree? I like pie?

ETA: Being perverted is not bad, and I am not saying that, I am saying here that assuming males are perverted because of an inability to recognize or accept that woemn have a sexuality and desires and like looking too is the annoying aspect of it.

Just putting things in perspective, really. Also making sure that people understand that playing as females and installing nude mods doesn't = perverted. Oh well.

What I cannot understand is why some people make such a big issue out of this, do these people refuse to play titles like Tomb Raider, Mirrors Edge, Metroid, Bayonetta and others because the lead is female? I would suggest the people with issues are not those playing female characters but those who have such a hang up about it they feel the need to insult others and get themselves banned from here. Anyway Kudos to you. :thumbsup:

It doesn't necessarily make people perverts, no. I play female characters and make mods for females, but, surprise surprise, I've no actual interest in going to bed with a female IRL. Why don't people just ignore things they disapprove of?

It doesn't necessarily make people perverts, no. I play female characters and make mods for females, but, surprise surprise, I've no actual interest in going to bed with a female IRL. Why don't people just ignore things they disapprove of?

I think there's too much tension inside of these people that they can't deal with and so they let it out at the Face in the Mirror, who they mistake for being someone else.

Some people appear to just like being on the self righteous soap box, they know it provokes outrage in others.

Your game, your computer, play how you like, if someones blatherin bovine feaces about how you play then smile and nod and let them jibber jabber, after all, an audience is what they are seeking so responding to them is giving them what they want.

I think my opinion on the matter self already has been expressed by people above this post, but just to add a touch:

If you're a heterosexual (healthy?) male, what would you prefer in a Third Person Game?

Constantly looking at the behind of a male character you have no instinctive attraction to, or enjoy the good view of an attractive female character?

I prefer the latter, and its no sexual obsession or anything, just the plain fact that, if I have to look at the behind of a character constantly, and I have a choice on the matter on gender and wether said character is attractive, I will pick the attractive female because... Thats what I like to look at.

I think my deeper question would be...what counts as perverted? Isn't perverted the fact that you choose a female on base of having sex with her or oogle on her and solely that?

It feels like an enigma and I'm confusing myself.

On nude body mods, now that I'm heading that direction... I feel its more realistic that, if you strip a dead body of its posessions, you would see a naked body, and not a stubborn pair of undies. Therefor, my ultimate realistic experience would be that you could intentionally remove the clothes AND underwear if you intend so.

The looting list would feel more real. Who loots underwear? Didnt you know that a big percentage of people release their bowels when they die? Would you still loot underwear after knowing that? I wouldnt. But not being able to take them off at all, again, breaks that immersion.

Just imagine a subject of your obsession, some countess from Cyrodiil or whatever...

Try to let that bubble in your head without picturing me as a pervert...you always can afterwards!

Back to installing nude ski- I mean weapon mods. :unsure:

Edited by RJ the Shadow

In a country such as mine where any feminine expression of sexuality cannot be criticised for fear of appearing to be some form of cudgel dragging, pit bull owning thug. Where any extreme of homosexual activity must be seen as perfectly acceptable for fear of appearing to be a hate filled brute it is very difficult for heterosexual males to express their own sexuality. I can imagine many people instantly reacting with outrage and horror, but think for a while, a lesbian indie singer likened herself to a dirty old man for having sex with teen fans. Depending upon circumstances and ages involved I would be more likely to say paedophile than dirty old man. the idea of a male beyond a certain age being interested in sex is critical here. Western society can condone a predjudice against members of the supposed majority male population that would be completely unnacceptable toward other elements of society.

I dislike as much as many the purile nature of many young heterosexual males but why should we view the expression of sexuality which they have as being any more negative than any other elements of societey?

I am also sure that may straight and gay females as well as gay men would equally like to view female eyecandy, cos as we all know feminine beauty is the beauty which is viewed as paramount in our societies.

Fyi I am a 5% bisexual male who is married to the most adoreable woman I know and I am absoulutely happy and untempted by any other person. Put that in any prejudice and smoke it!

Edited by happy pig

I dont like to use female characters. females in general are not as athletic in as their male counter part. I would never put heavy armor on a woman, nor would i give her a battle axe.

If i were to use a female character i would make her some sort of magister, or assassin.

Maybe a healer. or a sneaky assassin type. but never a warrior, or anything having to do with heavy armor and big weapons.

sorry ladies, you have other things i would prefer to use a female character for.

Mind, and flexibility, for females

power, and athleticism for males

they are both great and have different uses.

Well, I think women would be fine for power armor because the armor itself does most of the work. And you don't need to be particularly strong to wear many heavy armors either. But I do agree that women are more suited for more arcane or stealth based characters...depending on the game.

For Fallout, there'd by nothing wrong with a women carrying a minigun, nor an assault rifle, etc. So with firearms, women would be able to enter more combat oriented roles. Also keep in mind thought that not all women are weak, in history there has been an entire army of just women.

To make it simple...

Ancient Combat - Strong/Athletic men and strong/athletic women

Modern Combat - Normal men and women (All)

Personally, I don't mind playing a female character. I play both male and female characters and it doesn't bother me. You play a game how you want to within reason.