All RPers Read this.

HeLLL

HeLLL

Congratulations/Condolences (depending on how you feel about it)

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of moderating - I have the utmost faith in your abilities having read your posts.

What would happen today if someone wanted to get into my Arcangel game who had never posted on the site before? Would she be allowed to join in now, or could you direct me (and her) to the test so she could join as soon as possible?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HeLLL

Congratulations/Condolences (depending on how you feel about it)

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of moderating - I have the utmost faith in your abilities having read your posts.

What would happen today if someone wanted to get into my Arcangel game who had never posted on the site before? Would she be allowed to join in now, or could you direct me (and her) to the test so she could join as soon as possible?

Thanks Kethruch I appreciate your comments. ^_^

To answer your question if a new person joined it they would be allowed to. All RPs that are currently ACTIVE will be allowed to finish. Things will be "as they are" UNTILL all RPs are finished THEN the tests will be given. I have contacted Daerk as he was going to create the tests. As of yet I have not heard anything back from him. I was tempted to hand the tests out BEFORE the active RPs finish butt hat would not be fair to the active RP creators.

Once again any comments/suggestion/questions. Post them and I will be more than happy to help.

HeLLL

Well, just a minor bit of advice on the timing. I wouldn't wait until everything is finished, since if you wait for mine you'll (hopefully) be waiting a few months at least! And during that time, no new games could be started and I doubt everyone would be happy. It would probably be best to make a subforum for the old threads that anyone can post in, then restrict the real forum. The subforum of course could be closed whenever we finish.

I new you would be trouble Peregine :lol: :P But seriously good idea. The idea behind waiting till all RPs where finshed was to reduce the "stop and start" effect. But I like the idea. Even better keep the thread alive and when the tests are avaible we "pause" your RP and the memebers concerned take the tests and when that is said and done "un pause" the thread in the new forums? Yay? Nay?

Glad to hear I'm good for something around here! And I probably wouldn't have a problem with that, assuming that everyone involved passed the tests and the pause wasn't too long. But here's a better explanation of what I meant anyway. Have the forums organized like this:

1) Announcements forum - as it is

2) Wilderness - the existing forum, anyone may post, but no new threads can be made. Once the current rpgs are over or all active members have passed the test, this forum is closed and threads moved as appropriate.

3) New RP forum - test rules apply here. everything but finishing up old games goes here.

If you do it like that, all the existing games go on without disruption, and the tests can be done as soon as possible and new stuff started without delay.

Glad to hear I'm good for something around here! And I probably wouldn't have a problem with that, assuming that everyone involved passed the tests and the pause wasn't too long. But here's a better explanation of what I meant anyway. Have the forums organized like this:

1) Announcements forum - as it is

2) Wilderness - the existing forum, anyone may post, but no new threads can be made. Once the current rpgs are over or all active members have passed the test, this forum is closed and threads moved as appropriate.

3) New RP forum - test rules apply here. everything but finishing up old games goes here.

If you do it like that, all the existing games go on without disruption, and the tests can be done as soon as possible and new stuff started without delay.

Well in all honesty thats how it is most likely going to be like. It seems the most logical way to do it. <and the easyiest :lol: >

I agree that Peregrine's idea is a great one. My RP is open ended - meaning there really is no end. There are always more lands to discover, great quests to undertake, and prophecies to fulfill. Let me know if and when you are going to pause the games. From responses so far, I have no other major concerns.