All RPers Read this.

HeLLL

Okay - here's a twist on what's going on so far.

I am running the Arcangel thread, and it is open-ended. The players have decided by their actions that they would like to go in different directions. One group posts frequently, the other less so. Would I be allowed under the new rules to split the thread (which I would have done by splitting the party under normal circumstances) so that each group can enjoy the thread to its fullest, or would I have to wait until the new rules take effect before starting the second thread? both courses of action of the PCs are fully detailed and fully sustainable for as long as the players wish to play.

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some good points there Kethruch.

I would suggest that you keep the thread together for the time bveing. After the changes are implemented; and threads are split up and you have completed the DM Test; splitting them up then would be the best time.

I relesided that both remaining RPs would be open ended hence pausing them as the tests are made and delevered; and soon as each memeber who wants to be in the RP Forum completes thoses tests; they would be able to do so and continue on in the new RP Forum.

As for when the tests will be..........Im still waiting for Daerk to get back to me.

HeLLL

As far as the tests are concerned, HeLLL, I'm adding some information in the moderator's boards now. (well actually after I finish this post)

I've not been at home but about 4 hours in the past 5 days. :P

EDIT: Also, for those of you who would like more information and maybe a sample... here's an old post from the moderator boards referring to the test.

I'm not referring to some form of strict nazi-protocol police force to maintain good levels of RP, but rather a loose and friendly tips and suggestions group that also happens to have the ability to lock threads if need be, or report an rp individual to an admin who would then remove that roleplayer's ability to post in the roleplay boards.

My idea is to make roleplayers a new group that can actually post to the roleplay forum, otherwise it is only readable by everyone else and not able to be posted in.

The test is a simple series of questions like:

Your character finds yourself trapped between two glaciers grinding ever-so-slowly closer to each other. Your friends are hurt and cannot move, they have fallen between the glaciers during an attempt to cross the cold wastelands of the northern kingdom of ice. Night is falling, and with it, the unbearable freezing wet snow. Your friends scream your name and beg for help... what do you do?

Please pose your actions as if you were in a roleplay session.

I think about 20 of those style of questions, where we do not take points off for grammar or spelling, but only for form and flow of the roleplay pose, would allow us to properly judge a person's roleplay abilities. Of course the beginning of the test would list a few ground-level rules or guidelines to roleplaying, so those who decide to take the test would receive a quick "Primer" to roleplaying before having to answer any of the questions.

For combat, we'd outline a few of the basic rules of combat, such as not directing the actions of another player, not forcing a result from your attack, etc. We'd then show examples of IMPROPER combat roleplay and explain where they went wrong, and then show proper examples and explain why they are correct. Then having a small "Combat Test Roleplay" where all applicants to pass the combat test are to roleplay with each other in a test thread would allow them to practice their roleplay combat skills and allow us to judge. If they pass, they are now "flagged" as a combat-approved roleplayer. Otherwise they are not permitted to participate in combat.

Etc.

-- D

That should give a bit more information...

-- D