One World Government

marharth

Every government hasbeen, is and always will be primarily affected and interested in maintaining the interests of those who have the obvious ability to influence whtether they will remain in power. So we will continue to have certain communities or aspects of economies who will always punch above they're weight in lobbying with those governments.

In a unified world we would be so unlikely to have government by such enlightened peoples as Canadians, Swedes or Finns. We are so much more likely to have Berlusconi as our leader and arbitrator of what is just. If we are to have a democratic world government we will just have to have such imperfect people if not much worse. Just as now in the U.N. Zimbabwe and Libya are entitled due to bloc affiliations and geographic location to have a preeminent place in such matters as human rights and economics so would they in a world government.

Come back Silvio all is forgiven! 'cos whilst you may be (allegedly) corrupt as hell as well as embarassing to Italy you are nothing to what could be.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every government hasbeen, is and always will be primarily affected and interested in maintaining the interests of those who have the obvious ability to influence whtether they will remain in power. So we will continue to have certain communities or aspects of economies who will always punch above they're weight in lobbying with those governments.

In a unified world we would be so unlikely to have government by such enlightened peoples as Canadians, Swedes or Finns. We are so much more likely to have Berlusconi as our leader and arbitrator of what is just. If we are to have a democratic world government we will just have to have such imperfect people if not much worse. Just as now in the U.N. Zimbabwe and Libya are entitled due to bloc affiliations and geographic location to have a preeminent place in such matters as human rights and economics so would they in a world government.

Come back Silvio all is forgiven! 'cos whilst you may be (allegedly) corrupt as hell as well as embarassing to Italy you are nothing to what could be.

You might have a good point here :thumbsup:

Ya know something I'm of the same mind . I never understood why those Americans were so upset with Bill Clinton . I mean if all it took was the occasional sexual dalliance in the Oval office from an intern in order for him to deliver budget surpluses in the 100's of billions ,then for God's sake give em a number , line em up outside the door and keep that man happy. ;D

Ya know something I'm of the same mind . I never understood why those Americans were so upset with Bill Clinton . I mean if all it took was the occasional sexual dalliance in the Oval office from an intern in order for him to deliver budget surpluses in the 100's of billions ,then for God's sake give em a number , line em up outside the door and keep that man happy. ;D

The whole sex scandal thing would have made me like him more.

Its good to know that a world leader isn't always being serious and following all the small rules IMO.

One world government (and that can be more ephemeral like one world mentality) is necessary in order to successfully manage our limited resources. With many nations scrambling to get there first and take all that they can find, we're going to be living on a poisoned rock pretty soon.

The World Free State of Alphabeticia would no doubt have interesting policies on literacy though.....

Resulting in a very short conversation ,something like a universal response of "Duh",remember only one word allowed in Alphabeticia