this one is remade from Zira's horse armor

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2673/centaurrobe02.png

Mesh can by used for "soft" armor, too

Edited by Semtex

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm thinking about Argonians, does everyone like the existing tails for them? They look awfully flat to me. It would make more sense if they were round like an actual reptile tail.

"robes" for the centaur inspired by elves horse armor

Interesting. The belt on the robe looks a little strange though.

I know it looks strange, but it's part of vanila model - mage robe.

It will be necessary to create a "universal harness" that would cover up or complement the "normal belts" that are part of clothing and armor.

Argonian tail seems correct to me, agonians are aquatic reptiles, and use tail while swimming.

Argonian tail seems correct to me, agonians are aquatic reptiles, and use tail while swimming.

Crocodiles and alligators use their tails to swim, and their tails are very round and thick. Like this. The default Argonian tails seem way too skinny in comparison.

I know it's a shameless self-advertisement, but have you ever seen the tails from Slof's Better Beasts, using the "round" tails from TFF's Argonians?

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/images/15469-2-1203554855.jpg

I made these fitting for just about every body mod in my AB project.

They might not be as thick as those, but how would that look on an anthropomorphic race walking upright anyways?

I tried this for my dragons and in my opinion my tail looks too much like those tools you use for plumbing just plugged over the butt (don't know the english expression, sry)!

Crocodiles and alligators use their tails to swim, and their tails are very round and thick. Like this. The default Argonian tails seem way too skinny in comparison.

Looking at the picture posted, I agree that an alligator tail is quite thick at the base, but as you approach the tip is becomes narrow and tall, producing an effective flat surface to thrust with or to aid turning. Ocean crocodiles carry this modification to a higher degree.

However, while Argonians are relatively strong swimmers, and retain an ability to breathe water, they are not now primarily aquatic, but are bipedal land animals with aquatic ancestry. After many generations of land living, you would expect such body modifications to begin to be lost as they become less useful in the new environment. I think the tail which Drake uses in his AB mod are a good compromise solution.

I WOULD suggest, however, that as swamp dwellers one might reasonably expect hand/foot webbing, particularly between the toes, but maybe also between the fingers (but perhaps not the thumb).

Edited by MarkInMKUK

However, while Argonians are relatively strong swimmers, and retain an ability to breathe water, they are not now primarily aquatic, but are bipedal land animals with aquatic ancestry. After many generations of land living, you would expect such body modifications to begin to be lost as they become less useful in the new environment. I think the tail which Drake uses in his AB mod are a good compromise solution.

It is true, but it applies only to Cyrodiil and Morrowind (and other provinces), but not for Black Marsh, argonians homeland. Black Marsh is, as implies some in-game books, covered with numerous and extensive marsh, rivers and lakes, which constitute the main communication routes. In their homeland argonians probably still widely use their swimming and diving abilities. I would say that a massive tail root would cause certain problems in bipedal walking.

Telyn - thx, Howe's armor is great (i found one another on his site). Today is out of my ability create something similar...

But - maybe from steel horse armor... :woot:

John Howe is an armour expert - he actually designs stuff that can work (as they found out during making LotR) - every joint and flexible area is designed to allow you to actually fight in the darn stuff.

A little more inspiration for you

One from Weta workshops

Another Narnia one

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I know it's a shameless self-advertisement, but have you ever seen the tails from Slof's Better Beasts, using the "round" tails from TFF's Argonians?

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/images/15469-2-1203554855.jpg

I made these fitting for just about every body mod in my AB project.

Actually no I haven't seen those. That looks better to me than a tail that's flat for the entire length. How badly do the spikes clip with things?

They might not be as thick as those, but how would that look on an anthropomorphic race walking upright anyways?

I wasn't expecting anything quite that thick. I was just using alligators as an example. What I was picturing is actually more along the lines of what LizTail did for his New Beast Bodies mod for Morrowind.

I tried this for my dragons and in my opinion my tail looks too much like those tools you use for plumbing just plugged over the butt (don't know the english expression, sry)!

One of these?

I WOULD suggest, however, that as swamp dwellers one might reasonably expect hand/foot webbing, particularly between the toes, but maybe also between the fingers (but perhaps not the thumb).

That would be interesting to see. I hadn't even thought of that.