Adverts again?

ginnyfizz

I just selected a file to download and clicked the UK Premium server. When I got the "Your file is being prepared for download" window popping up, it had adverts flashing away within it. I am a premium member and I was logged in. I didn't think you got adverts if you were a premium member, did something change?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just selected a file to download and clicked the UK Premium server. When I got the "Your file is being prepared for download" window popping up, it had adverts flashing away within it. I am a premium member and I was logged in. I didn't think you got adverts if you were a premium member, did something change?

try to take a screenshot of it, and send it to Dark0ne

Edited by hollowman125

I may have just got the same thing, and didn't even have to select a server first - Here's the source link, it's a Flash file with javascript code designed to make it run before any other code is executed:

http://cdn.playwire.com/bolt.swf#!flashvars#vastSrc=http://ads.intergi.com/adrawdata/3.0/5205/1856736/0/2898/ADTECH;referring_url=__WEB_URL__;number=__RANDOM__;time=__TIME__&autoPlay=true&controlBarMode=none

Edited by ziitch

Ginny, is this still an issue for you or was it a one-off? I haven't changed the code at all and cannot replicate it. Is it possible that you were logged off and downloaded a small file or something?

When do we start paying for files?

When do you start paying for my bandwidth you take freely?

LOL! Now we gotta watch some f***ing ads before being able to choose a server. Now this is pathetic. When do we start paying for files?

I do contribute towards the running costs of this site and I wouldn't dream of making a statement like that.

No ads means too little revenue which means no Nexus.

The Nexus sites are great but they have to earn their keep, when there is a problem with an ad (or anything else) Robin is on it as soon as he finds out about it.