Adverts again?

ginnyfizz

If the black box is not going, or all you are getting is a black box then you're going to have to twig your javascript to allow the scripts on that page. That is what is preventing things from progressing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried running Fire Fox in Safe Mode? It will disable all your plug-ins and add-ons for you fully so there isn't anything else or "extra" running in the background. Only other thing I can think of is you have an anti-virus or firewall that also prevents javascript in some way or form.

It's been showing every time for me. It gets quite annoying when I'm only trying to download small files. I think it makes sense for larger downloads, but seeing the same ad every time gets old. And I found out that if you AdBlock the video it will never load the server selection page.

I love nexus, but I'm not in a position to be shelling out money just to avoid ads, as that is all the good becoming a premium member would do for me. I'm not flaming Dark0ne or anybody else, I'm just saying this Ad in particular is annoying (It won't stop me from using the site, though).

Edited by SpriterSan

If It's really coming down to a financial crunch with balancing ads and affording the servers, which is leading to some of these controversial new ads types... I humbly submit the idea of having the nexus index p2p files when people "publish" their mods. It would take a lot less server bandwidth and users would just be responsible for supporting/sharing their own mods with others.

Example: User wants to share his new mod, posts it on Nexus just like normal, but the files page instead points toward a p2p file which the user seeds for other users to download off him as long as he wishes to share it. When he wants to make an alteration the index listing and mod page is updated.

The more popular a mod is the faster it will be to download/share it. As long as users keep their version number in the p2p file name up to date it should stay pretty clean.

Sorry to say, but not all of us are blessed with FiOS links to be able to serve our own mods in that manner. Most everyone I know also does not leave their PC running 24/7 to make that possible due to the cost of electricity here in California.

So if for some odd reason Nexus ends up going the route of becoming nothing more than a torrent index, I'd end up having to go elsewhere to distribute my mods. I'm sure I'm not alone in this either.

I looked at torrent indexing as a compliment to the file servers a year or so back. Couldn't for the life of me work out how to integrate it with the systems already in place and there was no clear documentation or tutorials on converting some 50,000 already uploaded files in to torrent ready files. Don't think it'll happen.

Not happened again, Dark0ne. So bizarre. I have actually taken to using Down Them All as well BTW, that's a good tool which works well with Firefox, thanks for that tip (which I got from the Your File Is Being Prepared For Download window) NoScript I had to get rid of as I found it irritating.