• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just works for me - using FireFox & Win 7x64 pro

Download manually - then install using NMM or manually - works fine

Download & install using NMM works fine

I haven't tried MO for a while, but I expect it would work for me also

I do still use OBMM for Oblivion, and it works fine

Moderators and staff use the same method for downloading and installing as everyone else - we don't have some special site to download from or any special tools that are not available to regular users.

If it doesn't work for you, and it does work for several million other users then the problem isn't caused by The Nexus or the NMM. Two or three posts that something doesn't work does not mean that there is a problem with the site. Just that there are other people with a similar problem.

To help you troubleshoot a problem on your end we really need a bit more information than "It doesn't work."

There is another forum that is dedicated to helping just with NMM problems. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/439-open-beta-feedback/

and still another for Site only problems. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/117-feedback-suggestions-and-questions/

If your problem is related to a specific game - then don't use those as each game has it's own help forums as well. And many mods include help for that specific mod in their description. :thumbsup:

Thanks bben46.

I've been having an unusual instance with my computer. Something caused my Nvidia GeForce 770 GPU to crash to a BSoD. This has been happening over the last few months. I reinstalled everything. I visited the forums.nexusmods.com after getting the renewed OS installed.

It's like some BitCoin kiddies are still trying to get my GPU to work for them running calculations which will earn them bit coins.

I used to have two accounts which were MMO's on my machine and both of them were brought up in discussions about the trick to use unsuspecting people computer to earn them BitCoins, and one of them was actually caught running the BitCoin operations from their MMO server and their company computer server, and when notified the BitCoin software was running the owner admitted to it and then turned off the BitCoin software program.

I now have the tools to watch my GPU performance as well, on the Oscilloscope stream when I am online. If I suspect the BSoD is caused because of mechanical protection settings I turn on the GPU performance so I can watch while I am visiting, only, one website at a time now.

Thanks again bben46 for the directions to seek possible clues to the problems some of us are experiencing.

In response to post #26318634.

sleekwolfpack wrote: My NMM hasn't been able to update and keeps saying it can't get information from the update server could somebody tell me if they are getting the same problem

Just install it manually using that "Install NMM 0.55.6" button at the top of this website.

It does that to me some patches, too. There's no issues if you install it manually instead.

In response to post #26317749.

devexsell wrote: I feel kinda annoyed at how nexus works Ive been looking at tutorials on how to use it since steamworkshop doesnt have the mods I want, If anyone can give a very detailed step to using NMM or a very good and understandable tutorial then it would be most appreciated.

First off, don't mix steam workshop with anything else when using Skyrim. Bad things will happen.

1. With a clean vanilla Skyrim installation that isn't in the default "Programs" areas (unless you enjoy mucking around with permissions in order to install your mods), install nexus mod manager.
2. install the mods you want from nexusmods.com through mod manager
3. sort plugins using LOOT

and you're pretty much done.

I highly suggest you browse the nexusmods by most downloaded & most endorsed, and that you browse guides like these:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55921/?

Note that ENB is not at all necessary, it just helps make your game look alot better in a way that most people find easier than toying with the vanilla graphics settings.

Everything seems to be up and running like usual for me, except for the "new posts" widget that used to be on the side of the forum. Used to be focused to the games I had favorited and was a good way to see posts on problems or new projects, now there's just a big hole where it used to be.

I decided to check the Modems configuration. I discovered the modem password I set was not accepted. After a complete reboot and reset and a new password, someone is no longer able to access the Modem on one of the 192.168.1.xxx connections whose address is mysteriously hidden in the monitoring area for various attacks.

So far. The server hasn't dropped my connection.

Thanks for the recommendations bben46!

I don't know if it's related to the forums going down or something else but NMM experienced an issue during the outage where I lost all meta-data; all mod category info, endorsement status, mod version status, etc.. is gone. I have to go through dozens upon dozens of mods using the "Get Missing Mod Info" button to return it to normal (somewhat) but endorsement button still doesn't work. Great job Nexus. Bravo.

Momentary I've got the problem that I can't endorse mods which I definetely downloaded because Nexus keeps telling me: You can't endorse things that you've never downloaded. >.<

Oddly enough not all files are affected and it doesn't matter if I downloaded them via MO or manually.