annoying ads!

Timberwolftrass2005

I absolutely HATE those adds .............god dammit.....isnt having them on every page ENOUGH ? must nexus be so greedy as to force us to listen to that s*** whilst we download ?

Nexus is way way too commercialized for my liking.

Thumbs down big time,shame shame shame.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the ad's suck, but they're better than no site. I understand all that and am willing to work with it. What I take issue with is the lack of announcement/ forewarning about this change. All the Nexus sites are allowed to run scripts in my browser, then suddenly I'm redirected to some other crap that asks me to unblock them?

Not likely, and without some sort of indication from the original site, why would I ? That's just unintelligent.

Frankly, I think it f@cking rude and p!ss weak; sloppy,disrespectful to the community and just bad form.

Good day! :(

Lots of people who download for free without supporting the sites complaining ITT. The irony isn't wasted on me.

The best ones are the "I adblock everything and now I actually have to watch something? This is an outrage!" types :)

Lifetime premium doesn't really cost that much. I'm unemployed and bought it.

I'm pretty sure blocking just flash will prevent the kind of obnoxious ad behavior being complained about here though. I'll have to log out and see. Blocking flash while not blocking javascript allows text and image ads to still be displayed, so you won't be totally depriving the Nexus.

Disabling Flash:

In Iron (a Chrome-based browser without the privacy concerns): Find it under Options -> Under The Hood -> Content Settings -> Plugins. Choose Block All. Iron will now block all plugins, and when you run into a site that uses them it will have an icon for you to click on to allow it.

(This should apply to Google Chrome as well)

In Opera, right click somewhere on the webpage and click Edit Site Preferences. Under Content, uncheck Plugins. Or to disable globally, hit F12 and uncheck plugins.

In IE, under Tools go to Manage Addons. Find Adobe Flash and disable it. (Disables it globally. Site-specific blocking can be achieved with the proper use of the security zones however)

Firefox and SeaMonkey require an extension, Flashblock or similar.

In K-Meleon (a Gecko-based browser), under Tools -> Privacy -> Block Flash. (Global, not site-specific)

Actually it seems the ads are easily bypassed, with or without flash blocking. (Might want to look into that, Dark0ne, depending on how those ads actually pay out I guess.)

Also, Iron/Chrome seems to still advertise itself as Flash-capable even when Flash is disabled,meaning disabling Flash while using Iron/Chrome will stop most ads cold as the ad network tries to serve Flash ads to a browser that's ignoring them.Interesting.