Skyrim & Modding Noob Question

ilovepineapple

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finish phase 1 and 2 and launch my game successfully without CTD/infinite loading or any issue so its most likely the ENB file or the .ini

So basically we can't use ENB?

yes yes you can use ENB I successfully installed Springtime ENB using ENB ORGANIZER with no issue at all.

Springtime ENB here if you want to try it I get around 50fps with my 770 4gb and im not optimized yet I didn't fully edit my .ini yet

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59757/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D59757%26preview%3D&pUp=1

==========================================================================================================

Before you ask me where to put enbhost.exe and d3d9.dll from enbseries which is requiere for ENB (you will be prompt to do it in every enb install tutorial ) normaly when not using "ENB ORGANIZER" you put these file "enbhost.exe" "d3d9.dll" into the skyrim folder directly but when using the "ENB ORGANIZER" you just drop the file directly into the ENB FOLDER itself ,in my case it was "SPRINGTIME ENB FOLDER" which I just download and extract. Then you load the whole folder into "ENB ORGANIZER" and click "install" to activate it. to disable it simply hit "uninstall" and all the file will be remove keeping your skyrim folder completely 100% clean.

Another thing here, you will most likely be prompt to edit your skyrimpref.ini and skyrim.ini which is LOCATE HERE WHEN USING MOD ORGANIZER: \Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\DEFAULT <--OR YOUR PROFIL NAME IF YOU RENAME IT

BEFORE EDITING THESE 2 FILES MAKE SURE TO COPY THEM AND MAKE A BACKUP TO USE IN CASE YOU SWITCH ENB (YOU WILL THANKS ME LATER) EACH ENB HAVE DIFFERENT SETTING IN THESE 2 FILE THAT YOU NEED TO EDIT REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU WILL INSTALL ANOTHER ENB "DO NOT USE YOUR .INI ALREADY IN USE BY THE OTHER ENB" TAKE THE CLEAN VANILLA ONE INSTEAD (YOUR BACKUP)

Edited by instanthit

No, I like using ENB but some ENB presets are over-saturated but will forget ENB for now hence it will be adding it as my finishing touch to the modded game.

Anyways, I've just recently installed UNP body with Real Girls Texture but I can't seem to achieve realistic looks, I really suck at sliders, etc. etc.

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/07/skyrim_portrait_4.jpg

Is there a base of character presets where I can just tweak it?

Edited by ilovepineapple

No, I like using ENB but some ENB presets are over-saturated but will forget ENB for now hence it will be adding it as my finishing touch to the modded game.

Anyways, I've just recently installed UNP body with Real Girls Texture but I can't seem to achieve realistic looks, I really suck at sliders, etc. etc.

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/07/skyrim_portrait_4.jpg

Is there a base of character presets where I can just tweak it?

I don't really know actualy I only use CBBE HDT CURVY BODY with apachiahairstyle thats pretty much it sorry I can't help with that

I take a look again in the guide of modding skyrim --- it requires to clean install the game which means I need to download the game entirely again from steam since I wasn't able to backup the whole thing just before I modded it. Dunno if something got overwritten during the modding using MO because It's using a virtual folder that doesn't require to overwrite the original files, there are some script folder for skse though.

I take a look again in the guide of modding skyrim --- it requires to clean install the game which means I need to download the game entirely again from steam since I wasn't able to backup the whole thing just before I modded it. Dunno if something got overwritten during the modding using MO because It's using a virtual folder that doesn't require to overwrite the original files, there are some script folder for skse though.

if you did installed ENB there is most likely file remaining somewhere. I highly suggest you to install steam and skyrim in a different directory than programfilex86 such as mydocument/gamess. here is a tutorial on how to do it.(its really simple and easy)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

before doing this you should uninstall skyrim properly as the guide say and then reinstall everything in phase 1 and 2 from the guide you will then have a clean and properly installed skyrim,mod organizer, loot,skse(really important!!), and all the other file Anitriax recommend in phase 1-2 it will definitely make your game more stable .

You can't install TES5EDIT like the guide ask you to do you need to add it manually !

Edited by instanthit

Steam and steam games are already installed in a clean and separate disk (Data D:) so I guess I need to just uninstall Skyrim using CCleaner then.

Yes exactly. I am currently doing the phase 5 of the guide (installing texture)

Edited by instanthit