⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim & Modding Noob Question

ilovepineapple

Its different for CBBE with Mod Organizer you need to install it this way :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyDizXDFoU

Make sure to check "racemenu morph" at the bottom of the bodyslide ! (if you don't check the box it wont work in game)

Since MO doesn't install anything into the usual skyrim directories CBBE doesnt work when u run it this way so you need to run it through Mod Organizer. (just like the tutorial show) (or just like you do with FNIS or LOOT)

Make sure you always sort your plugin every time you installed a new one and run loot as well because it will tell you if you miss a file !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another quick and simple tutorial that cover the basic I watched it myself the first time I used MO I really suggest you to watch it, it show how to properly use TES5EDIT and more :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxltdw8VXsI

(really... watch it you won't regret it)

There is way more thing to worry about this is only the basic but I'm not a "PRO" in modding skyrim,I have yet to learn way more thing such as how to fix CTD (Call To Desktop) infinite Loading screen and more (which your most likely to encounter in the meantime modding skyrim)

The other guy said MO already has a LOOT installed in it, how to use it to manage load order?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure to check "racemenu morph" at the bottom of the bodyslide ! (if you don't check the box it wont work in game)

Since MO doesn't install anything into the usual skyrim directories CBBE doesnt work when u run it this way so you need to run it through Mod Organizer. (just like the tutorial show) (or just like you do with FNIS or LOOT)

Make sure you always sort your plugin every time you installed a new one and run loot as well because it will tell you if you miss a file !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another quick and simple tutorial that cover the basic I watched it myself the first time I used MO I really suggest you to watch it, it show how to properly use TES5EDIT and more :

There is way more thing to worry about this is only the basic but I'm not a "PRO" in modding skyrim,I have yet to learn way more thing such as how to fix CTD (Call To Desktop) infinite Loading screen and more (which your most likely to encounter in the meantime modding skyrim)

The other guy said MO already has a LOOT installed in it, how to use it to manage load order?

Look at the right in MO htere is a small button "SORT" click this and it should sort your plugin and LOOT isnt already in MO here is how to add the full version:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Videos/1382/?

Look at the right in MO htere is a small button "SORT" click this and it should sort your plugin and LOOT isnt already in MO here is how to add the full version:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Videos/1382/?

Thanks, I will to this right now.

If you plan on installing a thousand mod you should consider reading this guide I didn't try it yet but this guy clearly know what he is doing. This guide will prevent your game from crashing and unexpected issue that you might don't understand where the heck they came from. After installing a ton of mods my game now isn't stable at all, everything look fine load order Loot say there is no issue but you still got random crash and unexpected issue after reviewing everything 100 time ? well this is for you:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47360-anatriaxs-wonderful-world-of-skyrim/

This is a very deep and detailed stability guide which I think covered EVERYTHING A TO Z but it require you to uninstall everything and restart from scratch you might want to gain some experience by experimenting on your side before using this guide because it might seems overwhelming at first there is a lot of information there but its fantastic.

Thanks to VRAM1974 for suggesting me this awesome tutorial and thanks to ANATRIAX for writing it !

Edited by instanthit

I added this to my bookmark, I took a quick look and it very definitive guide in modding Skyrim. Yes, I will definitely be experimenting and that is what I'm doing for now, I first needed to learn about the modding tools, etc. etc. I once manually modded (heavily) GTA SA before without using any mod installers and it's so much hassle back then but now that I'm using handy tools like MO I think it will make things a bit easier for me, I know this even though how many games you've modded in the past but different games requires different modding method using different tools, etc. and jumping from GTA SA to Baldur's Gate to the extremely large world of Skyrim with thousands of mods to choose from...It's kinda overwhelming and it really makes me like a total newbie.

Oh. It looks like the author and I have a bit of similar system spec, except I have 12 GB of RAM.

I added this to my bookmark, I took a quick look and it very definitive guide in modding Skyrim. Yes, I will definitely be experimenting and that is what I'm doing for now, I first needed to learn about the modding tools, etc. etc. I once manually modded (heavily) GTA SA before without using any mod installers and it's so much hassle back then but now that I'm using handy tools like MO I think it will make things a bit easier for me, I know this even though how many games you've modded in the past but different games requires different modding method using different tools, etc. and jumping from GTA SA to Baldur's Gate to the extremely large world of Skyrim with thousands of mods to choose from...It's kinda overwhelming and it really makes me like a total newbie.

Oh. It looks like the author and I have a bit of similar system spec, except I have 12 GB of RAM.

haha yes there is a lot of mods for skyrim. I also have another program/organizer I would recommend if you plan on using ENB. This will save your life more than once I'm telling you this is next gen evolution :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67077/?

just watch the 10 min tutorial at the bottom of the page its quite simple to use and it will save you hours of install/uninstall.

haha yes there is a lot of mods for skyrim. I also have another program/organizer I would recommend if you plan on using ENB. This will save your life more than once I'm telling you this is next gen evolution :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67077/?

just watch the 10 min tutorial at the bottom of the page its quite simple to use and it will save you hours of install/uninstall.

Excellent, this are all very useful information your throwing.

Yes indeed, I just went through this myself and i'm still experiencing as well so I'm happy to share my resources with you just like other did for me because this is exactly the point of building a community like nexusmods.

I am currently going through Anitriax tutorial and I get CTD after completing phase 3, i'm not 100% sure why but it might be because this guide is a bit old some files and/or files combinations might be outdated I am going to try without his ENB and his other files (other than fixs and tweaks of course)

Yes indeed, I just went through this myself and i'm still experiencing as well so I'm happy to share my resources with you just like other did for me because this is exactly the point of building a community like nexusmods.

I am currently going through Anitriax tutorial and I get CTD after completing phase 3, i'm not 100% sure why but it might be because this guide is a bit old some files and/or files combinations might be outdated I am going to try without his ENB and his other files (other than fixs and tweaks of course)

Please keep us updated if you can.