Fantastic Trailer: Dead Island

LHammonds

I don't know anything about the game but this is one heck of a well-made trailer. kudos to the marketing department!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

Actually I posted a link to this yesterday in the chat; apparently a lot of people were disturbed by it and you have to admit it is bloody brutal (I mean a kid?) but still very well done, I agree. I am also willing to bet money the game itself won't be NEARLY as good as the trailer.

Looks like a good movie, but you can't tell anything about the game's mechanics from just the trailer, aside from that you fight zombies.

You know.. You could convince someone this is the latest Pixar movie if they don't know it's a game. I wanna try that.

The trailer is killer! Saw it a couple hours ago on another site...

The game itself is apparently going to be a first person survival/rpg style game. I heard about this game a little while ago but have not seen anything else about it. I will definately be checking this game out when it comes out.

I have always wanted to play a Zombie/Rpg style game...not like the RE games but a true rpg kinda zombie game.....and who knows, maybe it will have a multiplayer to it! That would be killer. A small group of players travelling around trying to survive!.. :thumbsup:

I don't like the trailer. It's evident they are just using shock value of the kid and violence to get people's attention. Dead give away in my opinion that it's going to be a lot of hype for not much game.

That and I would really prefer it if media didn't have to resort to kids dieing just to get the market's attention. It's a topic I don't much care for and it seems really cheap.

I watched it yesterday, reminds me of Irreversible. That movie was even more of a downer compared to this trailer. I hope they give as much love and attention to the game as they did with the trailer. Oh and IGN edited it so you can watch it in reverse and feel less depressed. :confused:

i think this is one of the best damn trailers that i have seen, at least in a long damn while

the scene is just beautiful, and even though it is rather bloody and brutal, it is also quite peaceful, which is great for an eerie creepy game

of course, we still don't know much about the game, aside from it being a nice island with zombies in it, but this is one great way to sell a game

i just hope a gameplay trailer won't mess this up