OBMM Fatal Error

ZTmaverick

When I start up OBMM recieve the messsage:

Fatal Error

===============================

An unhandled exception has occurred

Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_Crashdump.txt' in Oblivion's base directory.

Error message: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable

===========================================

I Proceeded to take a look at the txt file and was given the following information.

=====================================

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 11:19:43 AM

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Type: System.IO.IOException

Error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)

at OblivionModManager.Program.ClearTempFiles(String subfolder)

at OblivionModManager.Program.Init()

at OblivionModManager.Program.Main(String[] args)

========================================

So I tried to find(very lazily) these specific files so that I could delete them and hopefully get obmm back to a working sate.

Unfortunately I could not find them so I said f*** it and used the ace up my sleve. Uninstall Oblivion comepletly and start over.

Once I reinstalled it, I redownloaded obmm and recieved the same thing.

If anybody could give me some sort of instruction, advice, and information on the problem and how to resolve it I'd appreciate it. I am relatively new to oblivion modding.

Unfortunately I could not find them so I said f*** it and used the ace up my sleve. Uninstall Oblivion comepletly and start over.

That's not an ace up your sleeve, but a nuclear weapon being used to attack a gnat. There's no need to go through a lengthy uninstall process on the game itself when the problem lies in the installation procedure of a separate utility.

Is this the first time you've run OBMM? Or was it working, earlier? And you're running on Windows NT, correct?

That's not an ace up your sleeve, but a nuclear weapon being used to attack a gnat. There's no need to go through a lengthy uninstall process on the game itself when the problem lies in the installation procedure of a separate utility.

Is this the first time you've run OBMM? Or was it working, earlier? And you're running on Windows NT, correct?

Yes when I first installed the oblivion and OBMM it worked fine. The first mod I decided to get for oblivion was the Natural enviroments mod. I could really figure out oh to use obmm to install it so I just followed the Natural enviroments readme extracted that mod into the data folder regularly checked OBMM and it showed up. I closed OBMM and left for a little awhile came back and got the error message when I tried to start it up. I am running on Windows NT.

Edited by ZTmaverick

OBMM typically takes a while to close, and longer as more content is managed by it. Did you by any chance find it wouldn't close right away when you clicked the upper-right X, and attempt to close it more quickly by bringing up the Windows Task Manager, or right-clicking to close it in the task bar?

Have you tried just uninstalling and reinstalling OBMM? And I don't mean just deleting it.

When I start up OBMM recieve the messsage:

Fatal Error

Type: System.IO.IOException

Error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

You need to run a Chkdsk on your hard drive -- you have corrupt data that may point to a failing drive. BACK UP YOUR DATA NOW!

You say you're running on Windows NT (would that be as in Windows NT 3.51 or 4.0??). Is that OS even supported by Oblivion? I haven't had NT installed on a machine in nigh-on 10 years. Edited by Striker879