A big "Hello" to the Community

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the community. While hearing about this site getting redesigned does make me nervous (I don't like big changes), I'll have good faith that it will be done aesthetically well (and functional too, since that seems to be the main focus). I already took the survey too, and I think there was one question that (might) have been missing that perhaps could help with feedback. What do we not like about website design? I feel like that could be just as important as what we do like in a website. Though again that's just what I think. I could be wrong here.

I suppose since I'm making such a suggestion about things in website design that are disliked, I should probably give an example of what I don't like in website design. For me its those scrolling header's (and footer's too). I always end up using my adblocker to hide those because I feel like they're intrusive and get in the way of what I'm trying to do. I suppose having the site primarily right aligned would be another, but I don't really know of too many websites that do that anyways.

Of course I'm just one person here with an opinion of what I think looks bad in terms of website design. Ultimately it will come down to what the majority likes (unless function proceeds that)? Again I have faith that this will end up good in the end, with all the steps being made (the survey and beta feedback, amongst the other stuff going on).

Well, Hello back. Sorry, just woke up, so I am a bit fuzzy around the edges. Your profile looks like you have been here awhile, so not exactly new welcome. Sort of welcome? Regardless, glad to have you here, hope things are going good. Now I need to go get some tea and try to become coherent for the day. Not that caffeine helps really, but it sure is tasty.

Welcome to the community, BlindJudge! I hope you succeed in your endeavor, and wish you the best of luck.:)

The best Nexus subsites to connect to the community would be here, and the New Vegas section(imo).

Once again, welcome to the Nexus!

Edited by EliteSlayer242

Unfortunately, I only thought of this stuff after taking the survey, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it here. I'm really a big fan of material design. I think it looks very modern and is easily accessible and navigate-able (take a look at the LOOT site if you'd like to know what I 'm talking about). Perhaps if the site's design were to take a step in that direction, I think it'd be quite the improvement. =)

Another, smaller, thing I'd like to mention is that I think the tags could do with an overhaul of sorts. Adding new ones, maybe renaming some of the more general ones... I suggested this in the survey, but I'll go ahead and say this again, it'd be really awesome if there was a tag suggestion box at the bottom of the tag tab. The way this would work is, after suggesting a tab, it'd be voted on, like the rest of the tags, and, after achieving a certain number of upvotes, it'd be formally added to the tags. Likewise, if this same tag (or something very similar, maybe mods/admins can take a look at the suggested tags once in a while) is suggested a certain number of times, it gets added to the default tags.

Let's take the wonderful Cleric mod by masterbobcat as an example (here's the link if you'd like to see for yourself: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59932/?).

Obviously, this mod was added to help roleplaying as a cleric. So, why not add a tag for this? There could be a general tag for roleplaying, and then a more specific tag for the Cleric "class".

What do you guys think?