A big "Hello" to the Community

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27317494.

rosvitacousland wrote: Hello Paul,

that sounds promising. I confess I hope, we won't get a reformatio in peius, which means a disimprovement...

However, I guess a survey seems to be a good starting point. In addition I like your sentence, not only to consider the 'respected user's' opinions.

Godspeed and best wishes!

rosvita

Morning Rosvita,

We're making sure that the site update is going to be done in a very 'User Centred Design' way. Everything will be made public and feedback requested from the community every step of the way.

I have over 25k+ surveys to now go through, so need to put my glasses on, grab a strong coffee and just read for a few days. :)

Thanks for the welcome

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27314514.

chevenga wrote:

Welcome, Paul!

I'm pleased to hear that you'll be exploring options to improve the site's functionality.

I completed the survey you set up. I've also sent you a private message with some notes that are too extensive for a comment here.

Please let me know if you'd like more info.

Thanks!

chevenga

Hey Chevenga,

My PM box is quite stacked at the moment, but will get round to reading through everything this week. We really want for everything to be streamlined, but at the same time far more powerful than it currently is.

Thank you for taking the time to not only complete the survey, but also dropping me a PM, it's hugely appreciated.

In response to post #27314404.

Dovakiin3918 wrote: Good to meet you Paul. Shake your hands and I'll shake mine and together we can shake hands that way. Found the survey in my email the other day. Took it. Looking forward to the new Nexus.

Just shaken my own hand, first time I can say I've done that.

Going to be a long process as we a) want to get it right and b) want it to be done through the community.

Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to keep everyone informed with what's going on.

Hello and welcome!

When someone want to change things with your attitude I always say YES!

Thanks for respecting us and specially thanks to ask us what we would like. I just wish that more people, specially in the gaming industry, would ask us what we would like to play. Like Peter Jackson did with the The Lord of the Rings movies. All those names in the end of the movies, are the people that commented or answered Jackson's question: "what would you like to see?"

That shows a lot of respect for all of us and I thank you for that!

Anyway, I took the survey and on the question where we have to say what we would change, after I send it to you, I thought that, maybe my answer would be interpreted in a wrong way.

I hope you understand what I meant by it. Specially for new people, modding for the first time, it can be difficult. Even I, I've been here for like one year, maybe two; and still struggle some times with the situation.

Well, that's all from me, looking to try the BETA version of site, which from your attitude towards it, I'd bet that's going to be something awesome!

I thought of a thing!

All those pictures that are posted on the nexuses (I use the oblivion nexus only these days)

- it would be tremendously nice to have an easier way of browsing through the pictures, something like "swiping" through, or something better, I don't know. All I know is that now it is simple and *alright* but I have a feeling it could be done better.

It is a shame all those good screenshots and pictures get lost in a sea of averageness. I would love to browse pictures more, if it was more enjoyable.

And maybe, maybe... have you heard of that mini-game on the internet where you categorize pictures for fun, and see who gets the most accurate categorization/description on a picture. It helps organize pictures, and it could help organize the nexus pictures... make it easier to find something particular.

(Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the game)

Maybe at the same time, create a feature which allows people who post pictures to make an easy-to-see tag for each picture, that tells if that picture is free to use or if it is "copyright'ed"

Greetings:

Refreshing to read that you are not taking the 'ivory tower' approach of 'we'll do it our way and they will just have to adapt'. I'm sure as you sift through the community suggestions, you'll surely find some real gems there, for as you certainly realize, it is the community that is on the front lines daily.

I truly look forward to seeing a spit-shine put to the Nexus sites, realizing that what is not visible is usually where the hard work lies.

Good luck and welcome

In response to post #27341099.

angkor wrote: Hi BlindJudge

A warm welcome to the community ...

Was very glad to hear
the Dark0ne has a friend
to help him here :)

Wait. Dark0ne is all alone in this? Sorry for the stupid question - an average user usually don't know what's behind the scenes.

BTW, welcome to the community, Mr. Judge. :) Let's hope your nickname has nothing to do with blindness... ;) Edited by Andyno