⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

A big "Hello" to the Community

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #27377274.

DaggerfallTeam wrote: When will the Steam Gift Codes be Chosen?? Does anyone know

This will be in the next week as I'm currently in the process of writing out another News Post at the moment with the survey results.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27377234.

DaggerfallTeam wrote: Should make the site a more Windows 10 feel or IOS 8 look.

There are a lot of suggestions for how the site should eventually end up looking and most people are saying 'intuitive'. I'm guessing that is what you also mean with a Windows 10 / iOS8 feel :)

In response to post #27350579.

ThadiusFaran wrote: Can't wait to see the new version of the site!

Thank you, I think it will be worth the wait. The whole site will be a collaborative effort between us and the community. Should be very good indeed.

In response to post #27346894.

Clevon wrote: Greetings:

Refreshing to read that you are not taking the 'ivory tower' approach of 'we'll do it our way and they will just have to adapt'. I'm sure as you sift through the community suggestions, you'll surely find some real gems there, for as you certainly realize, it is the community that is on the front lines daily.

I truly look forward to seeing a spit-shine put to the Nexus sites, realizing that what is not visible is usually where the hard work lies.

Good luck and welcome

This is a cracking welcome, thank you...

I literally just put in the reply above that this is going to be a lot of fun, mainly because I will be working with and for a whole bunch of exceptionally passionate people. This will be a hugely collaborative effort and a lot of the surveys have been full of great ideas.

It's going to take a while, but I think the end result will be something that the entire community can appreciate.

In response to post #27327114.

Rolfskytte wrote: I thought of a thing!
All those pictures that are posted on the nexuses (I use the oblivion nexus only these days)
- it would be tremendously nice to have an easier way of browsing through the pictures, something like "swiping" through, or something better, I don't know. All I know is that now it is simple and *alright* but I have a feeling it could be done better.
It is a shame all those good screenshots and pictures get lost in a sea of averageness. I would love to browse pictures more, if it was more enjoyable.

And maybe, maybe... have you heard of that mini-game on the internet where you categorize pictures for fun, and see who gets the most accurate categorization/description on a picture. It helps organize pictures, and it could help organize the nexus pictures... make it easier to find something particular.
(Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the game)
Maybe at the same time, create a feature which allows people who post pictures to make an easy-to-see tag for each picture, that tells if that picture is free to use or if it is "copyright'ed"

Tagging has come up an awful lot in the survey responses and will certainly be something we try out. It's going to be a fun few rounds of testing and we hope a great many of you will get involved.

I've put your suggestions with the survey responses, so will be reading through them all shortly.

In response to post #27323704.

Solus3843 wrote: Hello and welcome!
When someone want to change things with your attitude I always say YES!
Thanks for respecting us and specially thanks to ask us what we would like. I just wish that more people, specially in the gaming industry, would ask us what we would like to play. Like Peter Jackson did with the The Lord of the Rings movies. All those names in the end of the movies, are the people that commented or answered Jackson's question: "what would you like to see?"
That shows a lot of respect for all of us and I thank you for that!
Anyway, I took the survey and on the question where we have to say what we would change, after I send it to you, I thought that, maybe my answer would be interpreted in a wrong way.
I hope you understand what I meant by it. Specially for new people, modding for the first time, it can be difficult. Even I, I've been here for like one year, maybe two; and still struggle some times with the situation.
Well, that's all from me, looking to try the BETA version of site, which from your attitude towards it, I'd bet that's going to be something awesome!

Thank you for the great welcome! :)

It's coming up a lot at the moment, but this whole process will work as a collaborative effort between us here at NexusMods and the very passionate community.

We are first and foremost a community of like-minded individuals and between us all, there is a very high chance that we come out with something truly awesome. Whenever anything happens I will be posting onto the site. Keeping everyone informed with proceedings.

Expect another news post very soon :)

In response to post #27310044.

Ball11 wrote: Welcome, lets hope the community ain't so harsh on stuff they through at you :)

It's so far been exceptionally positive which is a great feeling for me. I hope I can live up to the expectations :)

In response to post #27312919.

PARAN0IDxGERBIL wrote: Welcome! I'm sure you're going to do just fine in the design and layout of the website. I'm worried about the color scheme though, please do involve the community in the choice of color scheme as much as possible :)

We certainly will, it might even be choosable from a list. It all depends on what the community decides. But will keep you all informed :)