Dawn of War 1

VGI

Hey guys.

I have a question:

If someone owns Dawn of War 1 (the entire thing, from the original Dawn of War 1 all the way to DOW: Soul Storm), would it be okay to delete previous DOW games, like DOW, DOW: Winter Assault and Dark Crusade?

If you'd remember, these games would ask for the CD-Key of the previous DOW installment for you to be able to play the new race/s in multiplayer for the most recent installment (that being Soul Storm).

I only have Soul Storm to finish (so far, I have finished the Dark Eldar Campaign) and am afraid that if I delete the DOW games that I have finished, that it will negatively affect DOW: Soul Storm (ie, it would detect that the previous DOW games are not there anymore, hence it will deactivate the new races and/or units that features in Soul Storm).

I'm not sure but I was looking at the box for Dark Crusade the other day and it said it doesn't require the other games to play. I think you only need them to play multiplayer with different races. So if all you have to finish is the Sisters of Battle campaign I don't think you need the rest.

Hey guys.

I have a question:

If someone owns Dawn of War 1 (the entire thing, from the original Dawn of War 1 all the way to DOW: Soul Storm), would it be okay to delete previous DOW games, like DOW, DOW: Winter Assault and Dark Crusade?

If you'd remember, these games would ask for the CD-Key of the previous DOW installment for you to be able to play the new race/s in multiplayer for the most recent installment (that being Soul Storm).

I only have Soul Storm to finish (so far, I have finished the Dark Eldar Campaign) and am afraid that if I delete the DOW games that I have finished, that it will negatively affect DOW: Soul Storm (ie, it would detect that the previous DOW games are not there anymore, hence it will deactivate the new races and/or units that features in Soul Storm).

Dont delete, you need to keep all the previous games for the various races.

Generaly if you want to cherrypick, try removing the expansion that adds that one annoying race you never use-in my case the Tau and Necron which arent even fun as target practice, but otherwise, eg if you're a frequent skirmisher, keep them, because it's all linked, it's intereliant and you'd lose a lot of data, mainly races and maps. Also, it's like the WoW expansions, it doesnt like to work without the previous few.

Also, try DOW II, it's about to get it's second X-Pac and IMO, feels like a great sequal. It's a very enjoyable game and well worth giving a free trial(if you can find one), so far it's not really up to DOW I's scale, but the campaigns are much longer and more story driven, and the units and races feel much more detailed and have much more personality, by virtue of better acting, more realistic graphics, and full soundtracks for each race.

Something to look forward to then-you'll love it, but it's a very diferent experience, much shorter, more violent battles, way more gore, much, much darker colour palet.

Biggest diference is the removal of any basebuilding, it's really heavily focused on the battles now, and having enough resources, rather than who's got what number of Towers.

Towers still apply ofcourse, but they're a Hero summon now, and while they're deadly, they feel more like a stationary support weapon than a shiney game ending obelisk 'o doom that a Peon builds for 45 Lumber and 125 Gold.

I couldn't get in to Soul Storm. The massive maps and the removal of the permanent bases feature from Dark Crusade made it utterly dull and repetitive to me.

Cannot wait for Retribution to come out. Any day now I believe!

Hells yes, after I read Gaunt's Ghosts I've been playing the Imperial Guard zealously, it's gonna be nice to have them in DOW II.

Im just hoping they didnt mess with the BaneBlade, the holy grail of Imperial Armour-in the prerelease screenies I've seen they've had both the main Imperial superheavies-a BaneBlade ShadowSword pattern and a LandRaider, but until I get my mittons on one I'll remain twitchy.

Out on STEAM about march first I;ve seen, got mine pre-ordered via STEAM(Ork Package)

BTW, if you like the games, give the books a try. WarHammer novels-sold through Black Library-are totaly worth a look, I've read a few and not seen a bad, or even average one yet. They're all good in their own ways-they're just all very diferent since they've been written by diferent people and end up with very diferent themes and styles, the Blood Angels novel Encarmine is one of the darkest novels I've ever read, while on the other side, and despite it's name, NightBringer(Ultramarines) was quite a light, sometimes funny story, still gritty and gothic, but nowhere near as dark as Encarmine.

Both are epic in their own ways, but they're very diferent, and that's fitting since the UltraMarines and Blood Angels are chalk and cheese to eachother. Like I said, give the books a try-you wont be disapointed.

Edited by Vindekarr

Hells yes, after I read Gaunt's Ghosts I've been playing the Imperial Guard zealously, it's gonna be nice to have them in DOW II.

Im just hoping they didnt mess with the BaneBlade, the holy grail of Imperial Armour-in the prerelease screenies I've seen they've had both the main Imperial superheavies-a BaneBlade ShadowSword pattern and a LandRaider, but until I get my mittons on one I'll remain twitchy.

Out on STEAM about march first I;ve seen, got mine pre-ordered via STEAM(Ork Package)

BTW, if you like the games, give the books a try. WarHammer novels-sold through Black Library-are totaly worth a look, I've read a few and not seen a bad, or even average one yet. They're all good in their own ways-they're just all very diferent since they've been written by diferent people and end up with very diferent themes and styles, the Blood Angels novel Encarmine is one of the darkest novels I've ever read, while on the other side, and despite it's name, NightBringer(Ultramarines) was quite a light, sometimes funny story, still gritty and gothic, but nowhere near as dark as Encarmine.

Both are epic in their own ways, but they're very diferent, and that's fitting since the UltraMarines and Blood Angels are chalk and cheese to eachother. Like I said, give the books a try-you wont be disapointed.

Oh I love books. But I'll have to order those online, me being in the Philippines. Can't "digital download" certain things, one of them are books...and DVDs...I heard that they are doing digital download with DVDs now, though I Googled it, and I still don't know how its done.

Yeah, Amazon and Black Library are the websites I'd use since they'll deliver virtualy anywhere on earth, and have a big range in Amazon's case and the entire range in Black's.

like I said, if you like the games the books are well worth reading, my advice being to pick a faction(they've got books for virtualy all of them) and go from there, I think pretty much every single one of the original 20 legacy Space Marines chapters has it's own omnibus to, even the chaos chapters.

1 1/2 hours till Retribution comes out :)

Edited by Vindekarr

If I remember correctly the game asks for CD key input to unlock the races from the previous version to unlock the other races. As for Soul Storm Didn't get it due to bad reviews, Even THQ tried to sweep it under the rug in DoW2. When one of the characters ask of what happened during the campaign one character responds with something like something very bad and lets never speak of it again :P