The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's barely playable for me. Lowest settings or highest, after maybe 20 seconds of smooth gameplay it starts lagging horribly. I don't know why, I surpass the minimum requirements by a large amount. I'm going to back up all my files and do a re-installation of Windows, because I need to play this game.

This is LUDICROUS. I just redownloaded onto the laptop. NOW I can't register the game or should I say, log in and input my key and the DLC is not available. Hell it is not even receiving the keystrokes at all, not registering them - and I know the laptop keyboard works because I am typing this on it!!!! Whereas, on the desktop which crashed with this game, it did let me do all this stuff.

What a pile of mushroom fodder...

Mine's working fine but it took a while to play with no disk. (Note: the DRM allows it to be played with no disk, it's the same one that is issued with EA games and others)

@jim, it automaticly downloads and updates into your folder. It happened to me.

Edited by brokenergy

Oh boy...well my sweet boyfriend woke me up from a nap and told me to check my e-mail, he got me the game :D I got it on Steam...so shall see

if you have a PC that can play the game in the highest settings.... wow its beautiful maybe the best game ive ever seen. cant wait till i get a HDMI cable to hook up my PC to my HDTV. i need to see crysis 2 on my PC but for now this is an amazing game to look at.

also its hard as hell... or maybe its the fact the game doesnt give you baby steps to start or a real tutorial to start with. idk i just started

EDIT: this game doesnt run in SLI. man never doubt the power of a solo GTX 560ti hard to see how much better it'll get when the SLI driver comes out since its running great with one.

Edited by hector530

Weirder and weirder. It now works fie for me on the desktop, except I think I am stuck in the tutorial,

Can anyone advise me either here or by PM - spoiler alert!

The bit where Geralt has to defeat all the enemies and fire the ballista at the barricade. I am tapping left mouse as he aims the ballisra and as soon as the bar gets almost all the way over to the right geralt stops cranking and some more enemies appear. How do I get past this?

Weirder and weirder. It now works fie for me on the desktop, except I think I am stuck in the tutorial,

Can anyone advise me either here or by PM - spoiler alert!

The bit where Geralt has to defeat all the enemies and fire the ballista at the barricade. I am tapping left mouse as he aims the ballisra and as soon as the bar gets almost all the way over to the right geralt stops cranking and some more enemies appear. How do I get past this?

This is a phased fight: you need to keep clicking the left button... until Geralt stops cranking. :whistling: Then defeat the remaining enemies, go back and simply click to fire the ballista. At least that's how it worked out for me. Actually the sequence is: clear enemies around ballista, crank up ballista (click-fest9, defeat wave of enemies, aim ballista (click-fest), defeat wave of enemies, fire ballista (single click). (