The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

It's supposed to but all I got was the activation patch, there's a thread on GOG now asking why the Steam and Russian versions have a higher version number. A gog rep said the patch is included in the GOG version, he hasn't explained how that can be when a lot of people pre loaded before the patch release.

Pre-loaded game did not include all the required files. There was a final download slated for release day. It seems they added the patch to that final download.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to but all I got was the activation patch, there's a thread on GOG now asking why the Steam and Russian versions have a higher version number. A gog rep said the patch is included in the GOG version, he hasn't explained how that can be when a lot of people pre loaded before the patch release.

Pre-loaded game did not include all the required files. There was a final download slated for release day. It seems they added the patch to that final download.

One of the mods over at GOG said a patch was added but he seems to be talking about the activation patch. Looking at the game I'm playing and the list of fixes in the day one patch I honestly don't think it has been patched.

@HellsMaster Well that probably doesn't help. ;D

The plot thickens on the patches saga, posted by someone on GOG after some research....

I have new information

There are problems with the CDPR Servers.

The Patch 1.0.0.1 (28 MB) was just the encryption Patch.

This one should have been marked as DAY-0 Patch. So 1.0.0.x

DAY-1 should have been the 400 MB patch. (Reference to an German Magazine's Homepage)

People with an Journo Key were able to download the patch until sunday (15.05.2011)

Then CDPR worked on the Servers for the different Versions.

First the CE version, where some technical difficulties showed up. Where Key registration and the patch got f***ed up. (I can confirm that since I talked with Neon on his Streampage. Got delayed by 12 hours if I remember correctly)

Afterwards, the whole System crashed. And there are still problems since they have to move millions of data.

Result:

No Day-1 Patch of 400 MB

No Day-1.5 Patch of 3 MB (Which should have fixed things for 360 Gamepads)

No CD-Key registration of the boxed Versions (Which really doesn't work in many Regions)

I got those Info from Namco-Bandai.

PS: The Steam and GoG Versions are the same. They only got the 28 MB Activation Patch.

Neither GoG or Steam got the Day-1 and Day-1.5 Patch.

Why do the Russians have them?

Different Publisher, different Server structures.

this is kinda ridiculous :/

If the day 1 patch was 400mb then we can't have it as the preloads only left 120mb to download.

The plot thickens on the patches saga, posted by someone on GOG after some research....

I have new information

DAY-1 should have been the 400 MB patch. (Reference to an German Magazine's Homepage)

People with an Journo Key were able to download the patch until sunday (15.05.2011)

First the CE version, where some technical difficulties showed up. Where Key registration and the patch got f***ed up. (I can confirm that since I talked with Neon on his Streampage. Got delayed by 12 hours if I remember correctly)

Afterwards, the whole System crashed. And there are still problems since they have to move millions of data.

Result:

No Day-1 Patch of 400 MB

No CD-Key registration of the boxed Versions (Which really doesn't work in many Regions)

PS: The Steam and GoG Versions are the same. They only got the 28 MB Activation Patch.

If the day 1 patch was 400mb then we can't have it as the preloads only left 120mb to download.

Well, I got this from the GOG.com forums:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/patch_questions

To quote the GOG team representative (posted 5 minutes ago):

Just asked the guy in charge of The Witcher 2 franchise at CDP RED. We have the most current patch already installed in our GOG version, despite any differences in version number between our game and Steam. So you don't need to go looking for any patches just yet.

Once a new patch comes out, of course, you'll need to make sure your game is registered to download the patch from CDP RED's servers, but until then you should be good to go.

I have new information

Result:

No Day-1 Patch of 400 MB

Well, I got this from the GOG.com forums:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/patch_questions

To quote the GOG team representative (posted 5 minutes ago):

Just asked the guy in charge of The Witcher 2 franchise at CDP RED. We have the most current patch already installed in our GOG version, despite any differences in version number between our game and Steam. So you don't need to go looking for any patches just yet.

Once a new patch comes out, of course, you'll need to make sure your game is registered to download the patch from CDP RED's servers, but until then you should be good to go.

Thanks for posting that. If this is the patched version how bad was the unpatched? :blink:

I have quite some problems with this game. (Steam Version)

Firstly I can't find my CD key.

I searched everywhere, even in regedit and searched my Email (I didn't even get a confirmation email for buying the game :S). Now I can't even register the game to DL the patches...

Holy Sh** it found itself, literally it wrote itself down while I opened the Registration window for the second time :O

Secondly, I'm not sure, but it seems that the game has low FPS. And the game auto detects the graphic settings on low, and it still runs crappy.

I got a AMD dual core 3.6 ghz, 4 Gb of ram and an AMD/ATI 4850 (BTT: I'm running the 10.8 catalyst drivers, the newer ones ruined some older games). Other games (Like Assassin's creed Brotherhood) run great on high settings. (I know that my rig is a bit old, I'm buying a new one this/next month.)

EDIT:

Yep, something is wrong with the game, or other software.

I'm getting 20-40 FPS while on Low and the same on High, just with a bit more stuttering.

And Thirdly, Avast detects the game .exe as a virus, so I had to turn it off, and I feel unsafe while it is off.

I am getting the feeling that the game should have been released next month :confused:

A few plus points, the game looks great, and feels like a TRUE RPG, not some consolized poop (I'm looking at you DA2).

Edited by Iv000