Error when trying to start OBMM - Any help?

Kelven

I've been using OBMM for quite a while now, but this is new to me. Just yesterday I started getting an error when trying to launch OBMM. It was working literally 10 minutes previously.

What I did inbetween it working and it not working was deactivate a few mods in the reverse order they were activated in, close OBMM, open it again, and then re-activate those mods in proper order minus one of them (I had two body replacers activated, which was causing problems)

Now whenever I try and start OBMM it gives me this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.IOException: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()

at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String destFileName)

at ESPMHider.Program.RestoreESPM()

at ESPMHider.MainForm.BtnOBMMClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

OBMMLauncher

Assembly Version: 1.0.3985.30912

Win32 Version: 1.0.3985.30912

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/steamapps/common/oblivion/OBMMLauncher.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Any ideas wtf went wrong and what I should do about it? I tried googling the error and saw some posts saying it had something to do with user permissions, but my user account is an Administrator, and I'm on windows XP so I can't see that being an issue. I tried running it as the built in Administrator account but that didn't help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using OBMM Extended (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32277)

Edited by Kelven

Try this. Make sure that OBMM is closed and then type the following into the Start / Run dialog:

%temp%

Delete the obmm folder, close Windows Explorer and try to run OBMM again.

Do you still get this if you launch Oblivion with the game launcher rather than the OBMM launcher?

No, I can launch Oblivion via steam with no problems. And the Data Files via the Oblivion Launcher show all the mods in there.

Try this. Make sure that OBMM is closed and then type the following into the Start / Run dialog:%temp%Delete the obmm folder, close Windows Explorer and try to run OBMM again.

Ok, closed OBMM, deleted the obmm temp folder, closed Windows Explorer, then started OBMM again, same error :(

Ok, closed OBMM, deleted the obmm temp folder, closed Windows Explorer, then started OBMM again, same error :(

Then I suggest you contact the author, Scent Tree.

Should I just reinstall OBMM? If so, since all the mods are already installed and whatnot, would OBMM see them as already activated? Or would it not, and I'd have to re-activate them all?

Why would you suggest reinstalling? You said that it was working ten minutes before the error. :confused:

Should I just reinstall OBMM? If so, since all the mods are already installed and whatnot, would OBMM see them as already activated? Or would it not, and I'd have to re-activate them all?

Why would you suggest reinstalling? You said that it was working ten minutes before the error. :confused:

Because it doesn't work NOW. And if there is no solution, then what other option do I have then reinstalling OBMM? I can't run OBMM anymore because it gives this error whenever I start it. Yes, I could just NOT use OBMM and install/uninstall all my mods manually, but when you use 50+ mods, doing it all manually can get quite... messy, to say the least :P

EDIT: I mean, if I reinstall OBMM and it recoginizes all my mods as already active so I wont have to reinstall and arrange them all again, wouldn't that be the simplest solution? Thats what I was asking, how difficult would it be to reinstall OBMM and get all my mods working again. Would I have to re-do ALL the mods etc etc?

Edited by Kelven

Make sure you have the correct .NET framework from Microsoft to it to work. OBMM crashes on start are almost always due to lacking or corrupted .NET. Edited by nosisab

You miss my point. You said it was working fine, then suddenly threw up that error. I suppose you could try to reinstall OBMM over the top, but that may or may not cure the issue.