Scariest Event of My Life

krimzin

My computer showed this:

http://www.msuapartmentsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/blue-screen-of-death.jpg

What do I do?!

[Granted, the information was different, but it was in essence this message]

Edited by krimzin

If that is the scariest thing that has ever happened to you, Then you have led an extremely sheltered life. :tongue:

Like the message says, if this is the first time you have seen this message, shut down., power all the way down, wait at least 30 seconds and power up. Watch the power up to see if there are any problems.

If it doesn't happen again, hopefully it was an anomaly. But back up everything anyway. In fact, back up even if you don't think there is a problem and if you have never seen this kind of message. Because you never know when your hard drive is going to take a dump - NOT if - WHEN! because eventually it WILL happen. :confused:

Thanks for the advice! It helped a lot. Come to think of it, wiping my hard drive and starting over seems like a good idea, been running poorly lately, so I better back up anyways.

Side Note, I'm going to Marine Corps Boot Camp in April, THAT will be the scariest event of my life. But this was slightly unnerving. lol

ah, the blue screens of panic. Thankfully, following bben46's advice of calmly restarting has always been enough for me. I hope it is for you!http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

Good luck in the Corps!

Edited by WizardOfAtlantis

Scary? I get mad when that happens :P

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL normally means one of your drivers has gone screwy. But sometimes it can just be Windows wanting to be a jerk and BSOD on you lol. Below where it said the technical information (on that screen says gv3.sys), did you happen to catch what it said? I used to get that error on my old motherboard with my nforce drivers.

I dunno what it said, I just flipped and tried to fix it as fast as humanly possible. My comp has been acting strangely lately. Mostly freezing up solid on a daily basis. I wish I knew what to do to fix it. If it were a virus, I'd have nailed it by now, but I don't think it's that, so much as some kind of corruption.

Pfft I get those all the time with my old laptop. Reloading the computer should fix the problem. One time I dropped it a fairly good hight and it got it. That time I was scared as hell. :laugh:

I get a BSOD every now and then aswell.... i backup everything i got on my main tower to one of my externals at least once a week!...

there is a program called Blue Screen Viewer that is free and will tell you exactly what happened during that incident...just fire up the program after re-booting and it shows you everything...you still might need to google the exact error codes it gives you to find out how to fix the problem (if it can be fixed)

like bben says....your drive WILL die eventually!, and dont be like a friend of mine...who stored EVERYTHING on his one hd...years of music, family photos, everything......then one day..it made a sound like an old moose getting a root canal then screeched for a second then it just stopped...that was it. lost everything :wacko:

nothing lasts forever!

Daynox

One day, I'm going to get a 1TB portable HD and load it with the entire contents of my pc, minus my operating system and obvious necessary programs and files. Then just format my pc clean. Run everything off the portable HD. That would work right? Then, if my computer dies, I'll have everything right there and just fix my pc or get a new one.