⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

FNIS 6.0, the next step: Dynamic Animation Replacers

fore

Thank you so much for the reply, Fore!

I can hardly believe that it's possible, it's amazing news indeed!

About the script itself, if a player alias script can be made, wouldn't that mean that it'd only affect the player? A player alias script would be very good if it makes possible to activate the script only in case that weapons have a keyword that the script can recognize, the idea is that the anims require as less weapon ID edition as possible.

In case it doesn't work, I'd take the first route to ensure functionality.

In your opinion, which would be the less CPU-intensive/conflict making alternative?

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to use different animations for the same weapon depending on perks and/or skill level?

I'm thinking of trying to use this and looking for alternate animations to make the character skill progression visible on the animations, so I'd like to know if it is even possible, and how hard it would be.

Very possible. :)

In the FNIS download there is an example script which I made for my player using the Oriental Swordsmanship animations for his katana. It includes almost all information that is necessary.

If you want to use it for NPCs then it will become a bit more complicated. Because the animation variables that control alternate animations are character specific. And they are reset by the game everty time an NPC loosed his 3d representation. You will have to do something to re-assign the variables when the NPC appears again.

• 2 months later...

Very possible. :smile:

In the FNIS download there is an example script which I made for my player using the Oriental Swordsmanship animations for his katana. It includes almost all information that is necessary.

If you want to use it for NPCs then it will become a bit more complicated. Because the animation variables that control alternate animations are character specific. And they are reset by the game everty time an NPC loosed his 3d representation. You will have to do something to re-assign the variables when the NPC appears again.

Hi, I was looking for my Custom Idle, and walk/run Animation.

My question is, how to add custom animation on vanilla animation group, in this case I want to add another walk/run animation inside bow animation group.

I want to create new type of weapon, without FNIS and SKSE and its own custom idle walk/run animation.

Since I'm not following these necro posts (more than 2 years old) I recommend that we should discuss such things in the FNIS thread.

But to give you a quick response: you can find this information in the FNIS Modders doc. There is also an example script in the FNIS Behaviors download (FNISACweaponScript_EXAMPLE_SCRIPT.psc) which does pretty much what you want to achieve.

However, this is all based on FNIS functionality. If you want to do this WITHOUT FNIS then you need to modify behavior files similar to tha way FNIS does it. But of course you would automatically be incompatible with FNIS.

Since I'm not following these necro posts (more than 2 years old) I recommend that we should discuss such things in the FNIS thread.

But to give you a quick response: you can find this information in the FNIS Modders doc. There is also an example script in the FNIS Behaviors download (FNISACweaponScript_EXAMPLE_SCRIPT.psc) which does pretty much what you want to achieve.

However, this is all based on FNIS functionality. If you want to do this WITHOUT FNIS then you need to modify behavior files similar to tha way FNIS does it. But of course you would automatically be incompatible with FNIS.

I'm glad for this reply.

I'll check that script soon, I hope the script not very confusing because I'm not an expert on scripting.

Once again thanks for the help.