Crytek screwed the PC Community

HellsMaster

I cancelled my pre order as soon as they announced there would be no DirectX 11, I was already suspicious when screenshots of the graphics options (or lack thereof) from the leaked game first appeared.

So you didnt want the game because of the graphics? Disappointing.

The gameplay itself is solid at least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cancelled my pre order as soon as they announced there would be no DirectX 11, I was already suspicious when screenshots of the graphics options (or lack thereof) from the leaked game first appeared.

So you didnt want the game because of the graphics? Disappointing.

The gameplay itself is solid at least.

I can only go on what the first game was like, the first half of it was average and second half was garbage. Take away the stunning enviroment and you ended up with a so-so shooter.

Right sorry folks my internet was down for 1 day.

I am 3 Quarters through the game right now and i got some things to say:

What made Crysis special was the fact that every tiny onjects had amazing details (Keyboard, buttons ect). Whereas in Crysis 2 there are some texture which lack Crysis-ness

The Graphics are utterly epic, knowing its DX9, imagine DX11?

The Storyline is trully wonderful, i am loving this aspect of the game.

Gameplay wise. The Grunt aliens get a bit repetitive and there is not enough driving in the game.

Multiplayer: The Console Dumbed down MP is really annoying.. 6v6?? cmon Crytek.

Also. its apparently not a "port". ITs a multi platform engine (like UDK)

Its been polished up (the gameplay).

It no longer takes 17,000 mags to kill an enemy, and the weapons handle better. Overall, core gameplay is better, but the graphics are a step down to accommodate console hardware.

Well that's good to hear, are there dedicated servers and an SDK as they promised?

I have had only good experience with the game, except in multiplayer. I have started my second round on the hardest level, and have nothing to complain about game wise. Everyone that is so upset about the game either had over the top expectations like some of my buddy here at home, or the only things is that they find the faults in the game just because. I play for the game, the title. Of course there are times when a game is obviously broken in some way, not in Crysis 2 except if you go looking for it.

Crysis 2 is in my top 5 game of all time and nothing is going to change that, perhaps a Crysis 3 will tho!