Severe memory leaks when Alt+Tabbing

predcon

It's an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black, complimented with 8GB DDR3 RAM. I'm pretty sure it can handle a web browser and a fullscreen game.

yes, but

the game simply can't handle

alt-tabbing

I

wasn't

talking

about

alt

tab

ing

!

Your computer can handle web browsers and full screen game, but Oblivion cannot handle Alt+Tab, as everyone say. I'm afraid there's no way to fix it.

Am I missing something? With a dual monitor setup why would you need to Alt + Tab? The only reason I can think of is to change focus so the mouse would work in the browser monitor if you needed to scroll the page or something. If you had the browser monitor in portrait mode you could probably eliminate that by getting your UESP walkthrough all set before starting Oblivion on the other screen.

Until I'm convinced otherwise I'm still trailing a little drool.

It's an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black, complimented with 8GB DDR3 RAM. I'm pretty sure it can handle a web browser and a fullscreen game.

yes, but

the game simply can't handle

alt-tabbing

I

wasn't

talking

about

alt

tab

ing

!

Severe memory leaks when Alt+Tabbing
the title you put on this thread

challenges your post.

Edited by Fonger

Am I missing something? With a dual monitor setup why would you need to Alt + Tab? The only reason I can think of is to change focus so the mouse would work in the browser monitor if you needed to scroll the page or something. If you had the browser monitor in portrait mode you could probably eliminate that by getting your UESP walkthrough all set before starting Oblivion on the other screen.

Until I'm convinced otherwise I'm still trailing a little drool.

On Oblivion with multiple monitors you can't change the focus to a webpage you have open on the other screen while playing. Not sure how it works in other games, but that's what it does in most Gamebryo stuff. It also can mess up if you have a lower resolution than your standard desktop size.

A better setup is to find a cheapo netbook or borrow one and use that instead. RIght now I've just got a giant printout of Tamriel's map (Annotated) so I don't need to bother with look stuff up.

I suspected as much about not being able to change focus to the browser monitor. If the browser monitor was big enough and could be swung to portrait mode so no scrolling was required you could have it for a single web page though. I use a laptop myself, with the UESP Wiki walkthrough and map on separate tabs in my browser. A bad habit that got started when I was in Main Quest '60 Gates' mode ... glad that's over.

@Fonger

Stop writing in haiku. Yes, the original post was about alt tabbing. The statement revealing my system specs was to confirm that my system would be able to handle a dual screen setup, should I choose to set one up. Of course, now that ub3rman123 has clarified, and I stress "clarified", that even IF I had a dual screen setup, a Gamebryo engine still would not support switching focus between two monitors/desktops. If this is what you meant, you should have said that in as much detail, instead of just "the game can't alt-tab", which was something that had already been established, punctuated by the fact that I was already discussing a way around alt-tabbing. But seriously,

stop

writing

this,

it's

annoying.