Warhammer Online

MyDogsTale

Well, true that they "sell the name", but besides that the game does look good.

I don't get why companies always overprice their products and rip people off. If I would have a company delivering a good, durable product where people are happy and satisfied with comes before making loads of money. Those online games can run with 3-5 Euros as monthly fee per account and still make a decent profit. And the worst of all is, that almost nothing of profit they make goes back in the game to improve it and add content. Then what's the point of having such a service for people? The entire purpose of the game should be to make people happy, NOT to have a bank account with as many digits as possible, while they just milk the game dry until it's ruined, then launch another game and so on.

Yes but Shak, you mentioned you run a server which allows up to 30 people to play at once. I know DAoC servers can have thousands of players online at any one time, there's going to be a large price difference in maintenance there, surely.

Well compare to the EA UO servers....

"Maintenance? What is maintenance?"

*CRASH*

"Uhhh sorry players of the Europa Shard, we just had a serious hardware malfunction, and we also lost all backups, the entire Shard will be reverted for 2 days, we apologize for any inconveinence this has caused."

:ranting: BURN! DIE! :ranting:

And we have had lag for nearly a year now, and they keep on promising they will add some new hardware for Europa, which they STILL haven't done. Everytime there is an in-game event the entire server grinds to a halt. Then practically everyone dies due to some crap monsters that were spawned by the staff, and oh oh oh what fun did you guys have! :angry2:

Even though Battle.net doesn't fully host all the games played on it, at least they CAN provide this service for free. And yes, I know that 30 or 3000 people online at a time is a difference, but they have at least 20k accounts paying for Europa shard, that is $ 300.000 a month, and no, I don't think it costs anywhere near THAT amount!

They recently increased the monthly fees to "pay for more in-game support". Then why do I STILL have to wait for 3 hours in the queue before a GM shows up hmmm?

Besides that, the code itself is full of bugs, and they keep on complaining there are so many people that use exploits. Like being able to harvest wood from floors in a certain city, or when standing on certain tiles and speaking you send the message to every player in the game, or when getting killed twice by a certain creature you get a bugged item in your inventory... :wacko:

Yes I like the new smilies.

Yeah, but it looks so pretty, and... it looks so cool, and there are going to so much to do...and *rambels on and on to himself about all the Ands*

im willing to pay the price :whistling:

But then again MMORPG's can cause a major downfall in your social life :ranting:

Pedro: the one who could really use a beer right about now :ph34r:

Archived