⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Display Names Reverted

Dark0ne

Hi folks,

Back in March of 2006 I enabled an option in the forums that allowed members to choose a display name that was different to their username. A couple of months later I had a change of heart after seeing the result and decided to turn off this feature. People who had changed their display names kept the last one they chose before I turned the setting off.

This has now been completely reverted and all member display names are now the same as their username.

My policy remains the same on name changes; I will not be giving people manual name changes. Sorry for the problems.

This will feel weird, as my display name isn't the same as my username. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

Well, at least people will be able to find my profile page on the new site now. Yays!

EDIT: There it is! It is taking effect! I am no longer called Tiberiu!

EDIT: There it is! It is taking effect! I am no longer called Tiberiu!

Too bad, it looked better without the numbers. Why did you add them anyway? Tiberiu wasn't taken.

Too bad, it looked better without the numbers. Why did you add them anyway? Tiberiu wasn't taken.

I wanted it to be different from my display name, for security reasons I guess. I never expected to actually become an active member on these forums anyways, all I wanted was to download a mod... Dark0ne's sorcery I tell you.

Shame that Tiberiu lost his cleaner username, but it's nonetheless very helpful from a wider point of view ^^... moderating plugin threads was getting confusing when people had different names on the site from the forums... at least I assume that will be fixed by this change?